service engine soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service engine soon?

maybe im just paranoid but i was driving home from work and i noticed the service engine soon light was on, does this go on after the change oil light is on for a while, cuz the oil light came on earlier but i havent gotten around to changing the oil yet, this weekend sometime i will, but since its my daily driver i put some miles on it....does this have to do with the service engine light? or is something actually wrong....the gauges and everything else were normal, and i stopped the car and restarted it and it was still on
    99 camaro v6 - y87 package

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bobbyem:
    maybe im just paranoid but i was driving home from work and i noticed the service engine soon light was on, does this go on after the change oil light is on for a while, cuz the oil light came on earlier but i havent gotten around to changing the oil yet, this weekend sometime i will, but since its my daily driver i put some miles on it....does this have to do with the service engine light? or is something actually wrong....the gauges and everything else were normal, and i stopped the car and restarted it and it was still on<hr></blockquote>

Service engine light does not light b/c of the change oil light. Something else is causing the light. It could be something as silly as a gas cap code (did you fill up recently?) or something more serious. Do you know anyone near you with autotap? They could check the code and clear it if necessary.

Chris
    <b>2002 BSM TransAm WS.6 M6</b><br /><b>350rwhp, 365rwtq</b><br /><b>Stock:</b>13.455 @ 105.39 2.129 60\'<br /><b>Mod:</b>12.449 @ 113 1.832 60\'<br /><br /><b>2004 QSM GTO M6</b><br /><b>303rwhp, 329rwtq</b><br />Stock: 13.74 @ 102.14 2.1 60\'<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/silvertaws6</a> <br /><br /><b>1984 Firebird S/E M5</b><br />2.8L

Comment

yeah i filled it up now and now the light is OFF when the engine is running, but when the car is just on and not the engine, then its on...its goin in to get checked out and oil changed on wednesday, so it should be fine after that. im no really worried unless i start to hear something funky or one my gauges is in the bad zone, one of the spark plugs was skippin a couple weeks ago but it seemed to come and go, now it only skips at really high rpm's when it needs a stong spark, so i think that would have somethin to do with it
      99 camaro v6 - y87 package

Comment

ok it comes on with the key you need to be worried if it stays on when its running, not when the key is on. and always shut off your car when filling up, that will cause the light to come on and stay on
        1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

The light is supposed to be on when the car isn't running, and the ignition is turned to the 'ON' position. This way, you can ensure all the gauges are working prior to starting the car. It sounds to me that your car is working exactly as intended...
          1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

My SES light came on when the oil change light was on for a while and then I reset the oil light and the SES light went off
            Andrew

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X