Striped a bolt on my crank pully :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striped a bolt on my crank pully :(

sucks.... we even tryed to get it off with a air gun at the garage, but now we gotta take off the balance and drill it off :(

damn my luck.

dave
    03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

Were you using a 12 point socket or a 6? I have found that the 12 points do nothing but strip bolts and nuts. I only use 6 point sockets now.
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

i have a sugestion to try before trying to drill it out. if u have the room try pounding the next size socket on it ( six point ) and trying to break it lose with a breaker bar and a cheater bar for more leverage and apply the pressure firmly . or if u have an old socket that does not have the chrome plating on u can tack weld the socket to the bolt and try that. i just had to do that tack weld with my bell housing bolt. the weld held till the bolt broke loose. maybe give it a try before trying to drill it out .
      94 Firebird 3.4 M5 t-top<br />mods: 3.4 aluminum block, big block hood,custom ram air,cat back exhaust,3 JL 10 inch W0 with a 1200 wat legacy amp, legacy 6 1/2 componet set , pioneer 3 way 6 1/2 ,pioneer 730 wat amp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X