fuse amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuse amps?

Hey guys, do we have one fuse for both headlights or one fuse per headlight and the amps for them?

I'm upgrading my headlights...can I just run to the auto store and pick up a higher amp fuse?

I think there is only 1 fuse for both headlights, but I don't remember. Before you buy new fuses, you need to know how much current your new lights will draw, and pick a fuse that is one step higher. You might want to try it with the standard fuse that is already in there, and if it blows, go to a higher one. But remember that those fuses are in there for a reason, not just the lights. You might want to just take a look at the wiring to make sure it's not in bad shape and can handle the current.
    1995 Firebird 3.4L<br /><a href=\"http://kansas.no-ip.com/\" target=\"_blank\">My Site</a>

Comment

I'm putting in a HID conversion kit (HID bulb, ignitor and ballast). It says if the car has one fuse for both, it needs a 30 amp fuse.

Comment

alright, then look on the fuse panel on your car, it will have a label somewhere that says what each fuse is for, and the amps it should be. Go from there...
        1995 Firebird 3.4L<br /><a href=\"http://kansas.no-ip.com/\" target=\"_blank\">My Site</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          3 days ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X