my car has a big problem please help !! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my car has a big problem please help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my car has a big problem please help !!

Well last night i was raceing this guy and when my car got to thrid gear at 3k rpm it was like i hit rev limiter but worse it like shook the hole car. know it is dowing it in ever gear and it only does it under load. please help i dont evan know where to start looking to find out what the problem is. Thank you for you help.
    1996 CAMARO M5 3.8, SLP CAI, FLOWMASTER CAT BACK WITH 80 SERIES.<br />MODS ON THE WAY ZEXEL LSD, ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT.

I know your problem, you have a camaro. Just kidding. Might be your tranny. But im just guessing
    Good luck
    Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

I just had my tranny rebuilt. and it would happen every time if it was my tranny. thanks for our help though
      1996 CAMARO M5 3.8, SLP CAI, FLOWMASTER CAT BACK WITH 80 SERIES.<br />MODS ON THE WAY ZEXEL LSD, ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT.

Comment

possibly a clogged cat but most likely it is an ignition problem. If you haven't ever changed your wires or plugs its time.
        2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

yeah, what blue flame said. the shaking under load is probably a misfire. I'd change plugs and wires and see if that fixes it.
          2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
          Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

i just did that about two month ago.

Comment

is there anything else you guys can think of that it might be. I just took it to my mechanic I hope it is not hole lot of money.

Comment

its prolly a missfire.. shakes the whole car right? ya, prolly a missfire..

it doesnt matter if you changed them 2 months ago, or two days ago.. i changed mine one night, and the following night, two plug wires were touching, and they each burned a hole right through the insulation part of the wire...had to get brand new plug wires ...
                96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by greencamaro:
                  Well last night i was raceing this guy and when my car got to thrid gear at 3k rpm it was like i hit rev limiter but worse it like shook the hole car. know it is dowing it in ever gear and it only does it under load. please help i dont evan know where to start looking to find out what the problem is. Thank you for you help. <hr></blockquote> Well I have been with out my car for about a week now and they have changed plug wires and sensors and every thing they can think of but they can't find the problem . Can anybody help !!!!!!

Comment

if you didn't get an ses light then it wasn't a misfire. because your car shook makes me think it isn't a transmission problem whatsoever. buy some injector cleaner and change your fuel filter. also get the mechanic to check the fuel pump. it sounds like the car wasn't getting enough fuel/air--and that's why it shook.
                    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

Well i final got my car back & fixed. It was the o2 sensor wire. Whenever i went over a bump the wire would touch the moter mount and ground out causing it to shut off when it touched and back on again it wasnt touching. ;) i am so happy know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X