clutch peddle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch peddle problem

hey everyone , I got a 1998 camaro yesterday but the clutch peddle is messed up. when you push on it, it goes right to the foor and doesnt come back up. any know whats wrong.
    thanks
    pat
    :edit: sorry if this should be in drivetrain.
    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

umm... maybe the pressure plate? a buddy a mine had a problem like that and it was the pressure plate.. but that was in a truck so it might be somethin else
    1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by loser:
      any know whats wrong.
      thanks
      pat
      :edit: sorry if this should be in drivetrain.
      Quit double clutching and go back to granny shifting :-D
      <a href=\"http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4187730&a=31095602&f=\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird Y87 </a> <br />K&N filter, Whisper Cold Air Intake, Cutout Exhaust;<br />3.42 Gears, LSD;<br />160* Powerstat, Removed Silencers, MAF screen removed;<br />Zex hyperformance Spark Plugs, MSD Superconductor Wires, Manual Fan<br />Switch<br />15.08@90.86 2.149 60ft

Comment

anyone know what could possibly be wrong? its a big deal because i cant drive the car until I figure out whats up with the clutch. HELP!! :(
        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Leak in the system, air in the system, master cylinder, throwout bearing, pressure plate.
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

ah ha!.. maybe i was right about the pressure plate... lol i feel smart now
            1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

thanks 98Camaro3.8, how would i be able to check any of those to see what it is?

-pat

Comment

I replied in your thread in the lounge.

[ January 23, 2005, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: OneQuickV6 ]
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

sorry to bring back a old tread guys but i still dont know exactly whats wrong. i dont have money to spend on parts that might fix the problem. the clutch peddle has a little pressure, its on on the floor its like an inch above it, and for that inch ( until it hits the floor ) it has pressure. now im pretty sure its the mastyer cylinder or the slave. but dont know how to check. which one shuld i get first?
                  thanks guys
                  -pat

Comment

Originally posted by loser:
                    sorry to bring back a old tread guys but i still dont know exactly whats wrong. i dont have money to spend on parts that might fix the problem. the clutch peddle has a little pressure, its on on the floor its like an inch above it, and for that inch ( until it hits the floor ) it has pressure. now im pretty sure its the mastyer cylinder or the slave. but dont know how to check. which one shuld i get first?
                    thanks guys
                    -pat
                    why don't you pull the pedal up with ur feet or hand? It usually pops right back into position....
                    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Yes, but it usually will just stick back down the next time you press it when there's a problem [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

yea i tryed pulling it back up but when I press on it, it goes right back down.i dont know what to get first the master cylinder or the slave?
                        thanks guys
                        -pat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X