xenon headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenon headlights

I have a 97 3.8 and i was wondering if they made a conversion kit or somthing for my ride i cant find any lights for it

I've seen em before. I'll search around and see if I can find a link.

Comment

I bought mine at www.autooptiks.com
      I paid around $70 for conversion kit and bulbs, but check out e-bay, I guess they have cheaper (Around $40 for conversion kit and bulbs, but it's auction.) clear headlamp which looks cool, and they say it's street legal.

You can use H4 bulbs for that conversion kit.
      - Chris<p>1996 Arctic White Firebird 3.8L V6 5-speed manual<br />K&N Air & Oil filter<br />Kumho 245/50 ZR16<br />Denso Iridium plugs & Tylor 8mm wires<br />Mobil1 10W30 SuperSyn<br />Momo Competition Steering Wheel & Shift knob<br />Pioneer CD player w/ 10 speakers<br />AutoOptiks headlight conversion w/ H4 Xenon HID lights<p>and many new parts thanks to many repairs. :)

Comment

Ya, I'd say www.autooptiks.com is your best bet. Be careful though, they would never return my calls after sending me a bad set of fog lights. I got a headlight conversion kit also and it works fine.

Comment

what part number was the conversion?
          1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

from that page.

AutoOptiks AutoOptiks AutoOptiks AutoOptiks
            AVAILABLE PRODUCTS
            Need Help Selecting the Right Products to Optimize Your Vehicle's Lighting?
            Call our Tech Line at 301-846-9968 for Assistance

YOUR VEHICLE'S MAKE CHEVROLET
            YOUR VEHICLE'S MODEL Camaro
            YOUR VEHICLE'S YEAR 1997
            LOW BEAM #4351C - AutoOptiks #4351 Sealed Beam Conversion Kit (Pair), Uses 9OO6 Bulbs $50.00
            #9006GH - Astra 9006 80W Gold-Dichroic Capsule (Pair) $25.00
            #9006U - Astra 9006 55W Ultrawhite Capsule (Pair) $25.00
            #9006UH - Astra 9006 80W Ultrawhite Capsule (Pair) $25.00
            #9006H - Astra 9006 80W High Output Clear (Pair) $25.00
            #9006AW - Philips 9006 55W Allweather Capsule (Pair) $30.00
            #9006BV - Philips 9006 55W Bluevision Capsule (Pair) $30.00
            Philips #9006 Xenon HID Conversion Kit (Pair) $450.00
            #9006P - Philips #9006 55W Premium High Efficiency Capsule (Pair) $30.00

HIGH BEAM #4352C - AutoOptiks #4352 Sealed Beam Conversion Kit (Pair), Uses 9OO5 Bulbs $50.00
            #9005GH - Astra 9005 100W Gold-Dichroic Capsule (Pair) $25.00
            #9005U - Astra 9005 65W Ultrawhite Capsule (Pair) $20.00
            #9005UH - Astra 9005 100W Ultrawhite Capsule (Pair) $25.00
            #9005H - Astra 9005 100W High Output Clear Capsule (Pair) $20.00
            #9005AW - Philips 9005 65W Allweather Capsule (Pair) $30.00
            #9005BV - Philips 9005 65W Bluevision Capsule (Pair) $30.00
            #9005P - Philips #9005 65W Premium High Efficiency Capsule (Pair) $30.00

FOG/DRIVE BEAM #885UH - Astra #885 50W High Output Ultrawhite Halogen Capsule (Pair) $25.00
            #885GH - Astra #885 50W High Output Gold Dichroic Halogen Capsule (Pair) $25.00

FRONT TURN SIGNAL
            REAR TURN SIGNAL #2057H - Astra #2057 50/15W Halogen Upgrade Capsule (Pair) $20.00

FRONT CORNERING
            TAIL #2057H - Astra #2057 50/15W Halogen Upgrade Capsule (Pair) $20.00

PARKING
            STOP #2057H - Astra #2057 50/15W Halogen Upgrade Capsule (Pair) $20.00

HIGH STOP
            BACKUP #1141H - Astra #1141 50W Halogen Upgrade Capsule (Pair) $15.00

Comment

DON'T ORDER A CONVERSION KIT!!!

There's no point. Trust me on this one. THe sealed beams that came with your car are nothing more than a 9006 size bulb "plastic welded" to the back of the glass enclosure. Take two pliers and grab hold of the back of the enclosure and the back of the bulb and twist in opposite directions. The bulb will twist right out. Just clean around the edge of the hole a bit with a file and glue a xenon bulb to the back of the hole. It's watertight and the only cost is the cost of the bulb. I've had mine for about 3 years now with no problem and no extra money spent.

Ryan
              1997 Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Camaro RS A4<br /><br />Mods:<br />Aluminum Driveshaft, Z-style hood, headers, B&B Cat Back, fan switch, BMR Suspension, Silver Gauges w/blue interior lights, Clear Corners and Sidemarkers, Power antenna, 18\"x9\" OZ Superleggera Wheels

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by QuicksilverRS:

There's no point. Trust me on this one. THe sealed beams that came with your car are nothing more than a 9006 size bulb "plastic welded" to the back of the glass enclosure. Take two pliers and grab hold of the back of the enclosure and the back of the bulb and twist in opposite directions. The bulb will twist right out. Just clean around the edge of the hole a bit with a file and glue a xenon bulb to the back of the hole. It's watertight and the only cost is the cost of the bulb. I've had mine for about 3 years now with no problem and no extra money spent.

Ryan
                <hr></blockquote>

He's right did mine the exact same way, except I used silicone and epoxy, you will save alot of money doing it this way.
                WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

could you get a pic of them on at night please? I'm suprised that this hasn't been moved to appearence.

Comment

Yeah sure I will I have been meaning to for about 3 weeks now but I am pretty lazy.
                    WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by QuicksilverRS:

Ryan
                      <hr></blockquote>

He's right, the only other thing is that the new bulbs won't connect to the stock connector. Not a biggie, but a quick run to the parts store will fix that.

Comment

hey guys i've been wanting to do this, i have a 99 firebird, what lights would i need to get to upgrade my hi and low beams and also the fog lights

Thanks for the help
                        Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

What connector would I need to buy?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by zlightning:
                            What connector would I need to buy?<hr></blockquote>

Just a few crimp-on terminals ("female disconnect" kind) and some electrical tape. The 6mm size worked ok for me, but I bet if there is 4-5mm it would work better.

[ August 05, 2002: Message edited by: TheBeast ]</p>

Comment

What part # for headlights did you use?
                              1997 Red M5 3.8, 3.23 Gears<br /><b>Performance Mods:</b><br />SLP CAI, RKSport Headers, 3\" Catco Cat, 3\" Cut-Out, SLP S-Pipe, 3\"I-Pipe & over-axle (Custom from shop), Hooker Headers Muffler, Hooker Header Tips.<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/redrider45\" target=\"_blank\"><b>My Ride</b></a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X