Dealership says they fixed Y87 Throttle Lag - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealership says they fixed Y87 Throttle Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealership says they fixed Y87 Throttle Lag

I went and complained to him about it and he reprogrammed the PCM. It made the throttle not so touchy anymore and it has an even increase in acceleration throughout. He said that there are many different PCM settings based on conditions. For example, there are settings for highway, city, dry, humid, hot, cold, performance (which kills gas mileage he said...about 12mpg [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] ). My question is do you think this was a bunch of BS. I still see a slight lag, but not much anymore.

I went to the racetrack on Friday and ran horrible. I wanted to blame it on this but I think weather was a considerable factor. Do you think I should have them revert it back to the default settings or keep this in?

12mpg?!?!?! that's B.S. that dealer was smokin' crack. if the throttle response is faster then cool. keep it, and just ignore the dealer you'll be fine.
    i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X