Is it bather to use 160 degrees thermostat or 180 or the original? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it bather to use 160 degrees thermostat or 180 or the original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thank you for the help and info i dont now what to do now so i gues the admin can close post down

Comment

Originally posted by chicagosbird:
      Ok thank you for the help and info i dont now what to do now so i gues the admin can close post down
      if you go with the 180 and don tune or dont get a fan switch the car will still get warm, cause the fans still come on at the same time
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by chicagosbird:
        if you go with the 180 and don tune or dont get a fan switch the car will still get warm, cause the fans still come on at the same time </font>[/QUOTE]Thats only if your sitting not moving with the a/c off.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyZ72:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by viper04af:
          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by chicagosbird:
          if you go with the 180 and don tune or dont get a fan switch the car will still get warm, cause the fans still come on at the same time </font>[/QUOTE]Thats only if your sitting not moving with the a/c off. </font>[/QUOTE]well if you have the A/C on in the winter thats your own falt.... [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

also i had my car in the winter with biult motor on a 180 t-stat and the heat would chase me out of the car! (in ohio 10* weather)
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X