dyno... odd results...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyno... odd results...

well i went to the dyno yesterday(sat. aug. 3rd), got my car up on there, the guy took off... then punched it, and it was fine til the car hit 5000rpm then the speed limiter shut off the fuel to the engine, then it kicked back in, then he hit the kill switch??? WTF?? does anyone else have problems with dynoing the car? the guy said something about the speed limiter and that in order to get an accurate dyno it would have to be removed?? he did it from about 60-65 then it dropped into 2nd then went up to 5K then fuel shut off, then it shifted into 3rd and went up to 120(speed limiter) and the print out says, 172.xrwhp at 2500rpm and 409.4rwtq at xxxxrpm he said that the hp would probably be close but no to count on it and the torque is because when the fuel shut off and kicked back in it lunged and spun the tires on the dyno, now that was crazy... i'll post the print out, tomorrow or then next day on nobispro... any suggestions/commments/andything would be helpful...

merlin
    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

where did you get it dynoed and how much was it?
    I'll be in san antonio soon thats why I ask.
    1997 30th Anniversary A4 w/ some mods

Comment

It is called find another dyno guy.
      With an auto you dyno in third gear w/ torque converter locked up only or manual in fourth.
      None of this floor it, down shift etc, when doing that you will get spikes, like 409 tq
      Also did he mention anything about tire psi?
      You should keep it at 33 psi (or so I am told by many dyno places).
      Spun tires on the dyno???
      Well, yes we do need to have our speed limiter removed to get an accurate dyno :(
      If it is a manual then you can yank the VSS from the drivers side of the tranny.
      If an auto..... well, I'm sorry.
      There are a lot of supposed speedo recalibrator's and removers out there like jet scu, slp's remover, etc but from what I have seen it will not work.

Hope that helps, dunno if it will though.
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

well.. there were 2 other autos there but they were ls1s so they didnt have any problems dynoing them... but like i said he asked me when it downshifted into 2nd?? WTF?? i dunno

and its at team extreme racing on nacogdoches, somewhere between 410 and 1604, lemme know when you move down, thanks guys, later

merlin

[ August 05, 2002: Message edited by: redbird00 ]</p>

Comment

I would so brag about that dyno.
          Keep it :D :D :cool:
          <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

yeah i got the highest TQ #'s that day... i even beat a guy with a 383ci stroker...lol and one of the guys on ls1.com got it on tape... but he didn't get my run he was on the phone oh well...

merlin

Comment

Aactually thats funny. My torque readings were off as well. The dyno guy said that hp and torque always cross at a certain point, so he took that poin and looked where my torque curve was at that point. It was about 50 from the hp curve, so he took 50 off my max rwt reading and said that thats pretty damn close. So When I got home, I took like 5 off of it so if anything it was a little less. My dyno guy had trouble finding the wire to tap into to... I think he was looking for rpm in or something.. I dunno, maybe you all could tell me which wire your guy's use. Damn smart cars with their computer crap [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah at first they tried to wire it up and there were no rpm readings then had to rewire it to get the rpms... oh well, there's gonna be anotehr "dyno day" in october, so i'll try to have the 3.73's and speed limiter gone by then... we'll see though...

merlin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X