electrical problem??? NEED HELP ASAP... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

electrical problem??? NEED HELP ASAP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical problem??? NEED HELP ASAP...

alright my car is a 99 Firebird with 100,000miles on it. here's my problem i just got a new battery and a new alternator. My car when i go to start it in the morning needs for me to give it some gas to start. i know it is a fly by wire system but when it turns over i give it a little rev. now when i am driving it i hit the brakes and when the car finally comes to a complete stop the voltage drops a little bit above the yellow zone so under 13 volts. when i turn on the A/C the voltage drops anything elec. the voltage drops. Now i dont understand the cold start problem in the morning or the voltage dropping. the only conclusion i have is that the alternator is going bad. Now the only extra things i have running is the free fan switch mod and the air/fuel gauge. I had the air/fuel gauge on for awhile so i dont think it is that. the free fan switch mod i just did but had the cold start problem before that. any info would help???

[ August 05, 2002: Message edited by: jaynutz ]</p>
    Its not a Camaro, Its a FIREBIRD!!!!

I think its normal for the volts to drop when you do stuff like turn the AC on and fog lights and stuff like that because thats what mine does too (not very much). But it always comes back up in a second or so too.. If your staying in the yellow zone then there very well could be a problem with your alternator..
    1997 Medium Quasar Blue A4 Hardtop<br />Stero<br />Alpine Stereo CDM-7857,Kenwood Amplifier KAC-848,Two 12 Inch Pyle New Wave Subs<br />Appearance<br />Headlight, TailLight, and Turn Signal Blackouts, Limo Tint on Hatch, 35% Tint on Sides, Orange Painted Calipers and Drums, Orange Engraved Camaro, Orange Painted Hood Scoops, Orange Camaro Windshield Decal<br />Performance <br />160* thermostat, Custom T/A dual exhaust, K&N Filter, NGK Spark Plugs, All Synthetic Fluids (Maybe not a mod but costs some damn $$$), 80 Series Flowmaster with Custom Dual Exhaust, (In The Making) 3.42 Gears, Zexel Torsen Limited Slip Differential, Goodyear Eagle 1 \"Z\" Rated Tires<br /><a href=\"http://darius.100megsfree5.com/home.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://darius.100megsfree5.com/home.html</a><p>So Its not the fastest car ever made... The girls love it anyways.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X