383 into 95 3.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 383 into 95 3.4?

Alright everyone I have just gotten ahold of a complete 383 stroker that is in a 84 camaro right now and was wondering if anyone has tried swapping and older v8 without all the new age wiring into a new age camaro(my 95)? Any info would be helpful. I know it will be a pain but I want to create my own camaro...
    Runs 16.1 @ 85 looking for 15s!

Thats a lot of work. No more tac or speedo thats for sure. New cars are built around the computer. You are going to have to terminate all the sensors that monitor your 3.4 engine. Minimum you will need a new tranny, driveshaft, engine and tranny mounts (custom made), new fuel system plus about 1-2k for mis parts. No way I would even think about doing an upgrade like that.
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

yeah, alot of work, if you going to do something like this, dont waist it on that motor, do it with a 454 or 502. you should really keep it in the car its in now and build that car up [img]smile.gif[/img]
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

big block into an already small engine compartment. thats not putting a big block into a car thats putting a car onto a big block.

keep it in the 80s camaro and make a drag car. then keep your 95 as a daily driver. cruising in your nice car with no more than 12 mpg would suck. have fun fitting an hei in there too.
        I have an 82 z28 355sbc,cam, intake, etc. which should turn 13's or high 12s. and i have my 96 which gets like 27 -30 mpg. i would rather have a daily and a weekend racer than a daily racer i couldn't afford to drive.

speedo and cable wouldnt be to hard to put in place of exsisting one. new gauge cluster and a big ol tach on the dash would be ok. definitely have to get a new tranny (go th400 with 4000+ stall i.e. 13s in the 1/4 or maybe 12s) motor mounts from one of the newer lt1s or ls1s might work i dont know. custom wouldnt be that hard anyway, im sure someone makes them aftermarket or someone might have done it and know how.

look for someone online or at home that has done it and see what they went through.

when my v6 goes im going with an LS1 but thats me. i will keep it a daily mileage driver until then.

i could go on but i think you get the point.

keep it in the 80s camaro,
        sell it and install LS1,
        or put whole paychecks into long long process of engine mods and swapping and eventually 12mpg at $2+ for fuel.

since its not mine, go for it!!!
        96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X