More horsepower out of the 3.4 liter - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More horsepower out of the 3.4 liter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More horsepower out of the 3.4 liter

I am looking at a 1995 Firebird with the 3.4 V-6 in it, I have read this motor is rated at 160hp. I would like to be able to boost this up to the 200hp of the 1997+ models. Will it be expensive to get up to this horsepower ? or should I just save a little longer and buy a 1997 + year model ?

And can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of the 3.4 liter,, compared to the 3.8 liter, other then the horsepower differences.

Thanks guys [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dondo, A new member [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The truth is out there,, Somewhere !

Well lets see.. The 3.4's ended in 95.. there are some 3.8's of 95 and everything after 95 is 3.8 liters.. You could make your 3.4 fast just talk to people like tiago.. You could do the good old LT1 swap also.. Its up to you.. if you want to keep the 3.4 I would put headers, full exaust, intake, gears, aluminum drivshaft, and if you want a power adder. the cheepest way is nitrous.. If you put a 50 wet shot on it you will have over 200hp just with the nitrous.. Its up to you..
    Jeff ..
    1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
    2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
    1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
    http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

First of all, Welcome to the Board. Second, dont forget about Cold Air Induction... they are around $200 but they are a lot better than the stock airbox.
      1995 3.4L A4 Firebird White w/T-Tops *SOLD*<br />**NEW CAR**<br />2004 White Cavalier Coupe<br />2.2l ECOtec 5 speed

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fierdon:
        First of all, Welcome to the Board. Second, dont forget about Cold Air Induction... they are around $200 but they are a lot better than the stock airbox.<hr></blockquote>

My bad.. Welcome, and yes the cold air induction is good.. for around 1000 dollars you can have your car hitting low 15's high 14's
        Jeff ..
        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X