help, car won't start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, car won't start!

it happened 2 days ago, i was at the store when i get in the car and nothing happens. the engine didn't even try to start. i open the hood, and have a friend try and start it, and hear little clicks coming from what seems to be the fuse box. open it up and just move the fuses/relays and car starts. i got it home, and its been stuck there now. fuses are good, replaced starter and ignition relays, had battery checked, so all that is fine. radio, lights, everything comes on, but all u hear is a clicking from somewhere around the fusebox area and i hear clicking coming from somewhere else in the engine area but can't find where. i've gotten it to turn on maybe once yesterday, but that was it. now i can't even get it to a mechanic. i've been doing searches and i think its a bad starter, but want to get your input on this. i'm pretty busy today so i won't use the car, already have rides where i got to go, but will check the boards later tonight for possible solutions. if it is the starter, how hard is it to replace it?? should i do it myself or take it to a mechanic? what kind of prices am i looking at?? anyways, look forward to everyone's input

check this out..not sure how much it will help..it sounds like either the starter relay if not the starter itself..i cant imagine it would be anything major..hope you get it fixed real soon [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.team.net/sol/tech/starter.html
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

gotta check out the ignition side of things. if not spark then no vroom... what you are describing sounds a lot like my 89 camoaro. I had the whole coils and shizel reworked and repaired to brand new car worked fine. then the breaks were stickin. i said the hell with this car. i F-in sold that POS. im glad i finally got rid of it. Check it out.
      Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X