car dies for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car dies for no reason

here lately when i drive my car it will Die and shut off. it of course only does it when i let the clutch out to idle while i coast.

well i havea 99 m5 with 67-68 k miles. and its only been doing this for about a week.

what can you guys think of. it just idles really low then dies for no reason, it only does it when its cold tho, so i figure if i just let it warm up ittle be alright, but im worryed there is another problem of some type that im not seeing,

any suggestions would be much appreciated
    91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

I had the exact same problem.. i took it to chevy.. and basicly "waht i was told".. out cars have two speed sensors.. one on the tranny, and one on the differential..

when you push the clutch in.. the diff dosent get a reading..

yet the tranny sensor says you are going..

it jackes up the computer.. normaly causing the rpms to bounce down real low, then it will catch it self and go back up.. but.. sometime it will stall out (it happened on my car once)..

umm.. i jsut dont cost down hills or anything..
    and it dosent seem to do it during deceleration.. so i think it has something to do with the programming and how it functions during acceleration time..

anyway.. i jsut leave the clutch in now to aviod sutch problems..

if you figure out a solution let me know!!

~Billy

Comment

Check all your vaccuum tubes, mainly the one that connects to your throttle body. Have the hood open and leave engine idling and listen for vacuum leaks.

Sam
      AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X