Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Swap

I have been seriously considering going to my local SLP and have them drop an LS1 into my camaro. Does anybody know of anybody who has had this done? I need some opinions.
    2002 Camaro...It\'s not very fast but it looks good.

I'm just curious, but if you want an LS1, why did you buy a 2002 V6 Camaro?

Also, I think you would be able to find a used LS1 w/ tranny and have another local shop install it for a little cheaper.

And, won't an engine swap void your warrenty?
    <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

If you were to swap with an LS1, would I be able to maintain my v6 insurance rate? Hmmmmm... [img]smile.gif[/img]

That was my main reason for choosing the v6, BTW.
      - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

If you don't report it, yes.

If you get caught, you can get introuble and they may not take any of your claims, or worse, call it insurance fraud.
        <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

ya but what are the odds of him geting caught.
          I a little question what happens if they do call it insurances frad
          1996 CAMARO M5 3.8, SLP CAI, FLOWMASTER CAT BACK WITH 80 SERIES.<br />MODS ON THE WAY ZEXEL LSD, ONE PIECE DRIVESHAFT.

Comment

I don't know the chances of him getting caught, matters if he gets into an accident or not. If he gets into an accident and he has an insurance adjuster come out, I think they might notice. It's up to the insurance company what to do. They may just ignore it, or they may just not file your claim, and you would be s.o.l.

Comment

You should report it, my friend swaped an lt1 back in 99 into his 93 camaro and got hit by somebodys grandmother. The whole front end was ruined and when the cop came to the scene he had noticed the lt1 cause he had owned a vette and to make a long story short, because of the cops 'love' for cars and knowledge of base model camaro not having a v8, my friend got busted and was sued. I dont know all the details but he regrets it at least.
              1996 Camaro 3.8L A4<br />*RK Sport Headers, RT High Flow Cat, B&B Tri-Flo Catback w/Quad Tips<br />*17\" Camaro SS Rims w/Firestone Firehawk SZ50 EP (275/40/17 Front, 285/40/17 Rear)<br />*SLP Speedometer Recalibrator<br />*American Sports Car SS Style Hood, Painted Green Disc Calipers and Drum Shells<br />*Charcoal Leather Interior

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X