Is there an easy way to change out a driving light bulb? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an easy way to change out a driving light bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an easy way to change out a driving light bulb?

can you change out the driving light bulbs easily from the front, or do you have to get under the car and behind it to change it out? one of mine just went out on my 2001 3.8l firebird. thanks!
    2001 S.O.M. Firechicken 3.8L V6, auto.

You will probably want to jack it up for this. Once you get under there, look around for a "flap" that's held up to the rest of the bumper with 2 screws. Don't take the whole cover off like I did ;) it was like 30 screws, then I found out I just needed that flap. But anyways, go to autozone and get the bulb you need (they'll look it up on the computer), and for the driving light all you need to do is stick your arm through the flap, find the socket and I believe the harness twist counter-clockwise and pulls straight out on the driving light. Replace the bulb and you're set. Make sure you get it in there good though. The first time I replaced mine, I didn't get the bulb in the socket all the way and after the first time I drove it I spent 15 minutes trying to fish the bulb out of the assembly.
    2000 M5 Pewter Firebird [Monsoon stereo]<br /><a href=\"http://www.centerlinewheels.com/sub_wheel.php?mw_id=2\" target=\"_blank\">16\" Centerline Galaxy Wheels</a> . <a href=\"http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/\" target=\"_blank\">Headlight fix</a> . Under dash lighting . Dashmat . Headlight conversion<br />84k miles<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tucsonbird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a><br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

I dont know if it will work on a 98+, but on my 97 the easiest way to do it without getting under the car is:
      1. put up the lights
      2. unplug the light you will be working under then turn them back off so just the one stays up
      3. take the plastic cover off from around the light (4 screws)
      4. reach down and grab the light
      5. replace and put everything back as it was

Like I said I don't know if this will help you, but its worth looking into. I'm pretty lanky so if you have big arms it may not be feasible.

Comment

the yellow DRL's? I could reach them without taking anything off the car. flop up the headlights, reach your arm down to the gray part (put your arm through under all the junk, no need to remove anything) your arm should be working in the area under the headlight so that if anyone were to close them, youd lose an arm [img]smile.gif[/img] . and turn it to the side so it comes out, pull it back up towards you so you can see it better. switch the bulbs and put it back.
        this is possible with the drl's, but not the fogs

[ January 30, 2005, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: 00firebird ]

Comment

I thought the yellow ones were the fogs, and the clear outer ones are the driving lights? That's the one I need to change.. the outer clear one on the passenger side.
          2001 S.O.M. Firechicken 3.8L V6, auto.

Comment

nope, yellow are DRL's, white ones next to them are the fog lights... [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
            2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

Originally posted by still-asleep:
              I thought the yellow ones were the fogs, and the clear outer ones are the driving lights? That's the one I need to change.. the outer clear one on the passenger side.
              if you need to change the white outer foglight then you wil have to take something off

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X