Jet Stage II chip, what does it do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Stage II chip, what does it do?

i dont know much about these things and i was wondering what it exactly did? are they hard to install, any general info. i got a 99 auto camaro V6, so give me some find back on it

Thanks in advance
    Danny

First, you should try the search function. There have been about 100 posts at least about these chips and you will find a lot more information that way.

But to save you the trouble this time, Jet Chips are worthless.

The shop my dad worked at looked at the computers of a few cars, then looked in the Jet Chip, and they were the exact same thing. The Jet Chip didn't change a single thing with the fuel or anything.
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Let me help Magnus out here..

Moving to General Tech,
      too much of a general question.

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: Camaro_SLP ]</p>
      94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Its kinda like WAR...what is it good for....absolutley nothing.

Check out the for sale section and like two are for salr for a lot cheaper than what was paid for them. Its becuase it is crap, I have said that about 20 billion times on here.

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: PewterBird ]</p>
          Cardomain

Comment

double ditto

Comment

I dont care what you guys say put when run my car without then with i can deffinently tell a difference. Maybe not a hole lot but expecially at the top end of gears. It seems to me it helps me pull through those last rpm's. Just my personal opinion.
              TopDeadCenter Motorsports.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tdc_v6:
                I dont care what you guys say put when run my car without then with i can deffinently tell a difference. Maybe not a hole lot but expecially at the top end of gears. It seems to me it helps me pull through those last rpm's. Just my personal opinion.<hr></blockquote>

So tell me, was it worth the couple hundred you spent on it.

My descision is either made with my assdyno or your assdyno, and mine tells me [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

[ September 25, 2003: Message edited by: PewterBird ]</p>
                Cardomain

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DannyV6Camaro:
                  i dont know much about these things and i was wondering what it exactly did? are they hard to install, any general info. i got a 99 auto camaro V6, so give me some find back on it

Thanks in advance
                  Danny
                  <hr></blockquote>

Hey! You live in McKinney, TX? Or McKinney somewhere else? If you do I'll show you what JET chip does... I have one in my car. ;)
                  <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

yeah men i live in mckinney, tx. what do u drive? i got a red camaro, with 17inc 077s on there, its lowered. I went mckinney high school and grad 02. Right now, i go UTD

Comment

The Jet chip advances timing and adjusts your tach. It holds gears longer and higher up in the RPMs.
                      94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                        Good to see the site is back up
                        by 2.8 Bird
                        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                        3 days ago
                      • FirebirdGT
                        New Site Hosting Issues
                        by FirebirdGT
                        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X