No announcement yet.

oil gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well.. any oil leaks? do you smell any oil? thats weird that it would do it on a aftermarket gauage.. does ur SES light come on?

Does your car run good in WOT? if u havent had this problem always, do you notice a difference in the performance since uve been having?
    brink<br />1998 White Camaro 3.8L V6:<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />No cat (straight pipe)<br />Free Ram-Air<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98</a>

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me the gauges in these cars suck. They work but they are inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by brink:
        well.. any oil leaks? do you smell any oil? thats weird that it would do it on a aftermarket gauage.. does ur SES light come on?

Does your car run good in WOT? if u havent had this problem always, do you notice a difference in the performance since uve been having?
        no ses light, no oil leaks, dont smell oil. its very wierd. i was contemplating what it may be with a neighbor that is somewhat of a mech in training i guess you could say. he works at a dealership but hasnt be working on cars his whole life type of thing. couple things i notice...first of all, if i have my rear view mirror lamp lights on, and i rev the engine,they kinda flicker. nothing that is HUGELY noticable, but but if your lookin for it, you can see them flicker. im wondering if its possibly a bad ground. before i can even determine any farther what it is, im going to hook up an analog oil pressure gauge up to it to see if there is any flickering on that as well.

Comment

My lights flicker a little too, it's kind of a pulsing. Mine's done that since the day I bought it new. I think we just have wierd voltage regulators or something. Otherwise it works fine.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Hey my 96 3.8 was doing the same thing.. I still have a oil sending unit to put in, here is my deal.. on start up oil pressure is up but not too far and after driving it a while it drops down almost all the way. once or twice it did dip down and the check guages light came on.. what can cause this it still moves around a lot all the time and oil pressure gets higher when you apply gas and will stay steady then drop when you let up. what could cause this?

Comment

mines the same way. however, when it would get as low to make the light come on, if it was getting no oil, eventually it would start to knock. however, mine never does. ive replaced teh sending unit and have put in an aftermarket. what im startig to conclude is something with the electrical system. besides the oil pump, the electrical system is the only thing in common between the aftermarket system and the stock system. ive had the oil pump rebuilt withing the last 2 years(if that long ago). its hard to say what the problem is. but im going to be testing it soon and ill let ya know. ps also, when i changed the sending unit, it seemed to help a tad.

Comment

lmao I changed my sending unit with a auto zone one.. lmao need I say more?

it wouldnt read!! ahahaha

when you find something out let us/me know!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X