Floor mats slip under my pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor mats slip under my pedals

Hey, how do you guys keep your floor mats from bunching up under your pedals? I have to pull it down every time I get into the car. I tried those little clips, but the mats pop right out of the clips. I know that new cars have that little plastic peg that hooks to the corner of the mat, but mine has nothing. What do you guys use?
    \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Velcro...
    \"If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the <br />shoulders of giants.\" (Isaac Newton)

Comment

mine have turned into bath mats.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by edge24_99:
        Velcro...<hr></blockquote>Oooh, good! Where and how do you attach it to the bottom of your floormat? I can't find very much flat surface, I have a bunch of rubber nubs under mine. I guess those are to keep it from sliding.
        \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Cut a couple of the nubs off and attach the velcro there... or maybe around the edge of the mat?
          www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

I'm thinking about just taking mine out completley... My mats don't get very dirty anyawy

Comment

Get some better floormats? I know the floormats my car had when I bought it were cheap flimsy little things that kept bunching up like that. I just ordered some nice pretty thick floormats with a bowtie on them. :D Hopefully they won't bunch as much.
              \'93 3.4L Camaro A4<br />*Some fat P245/50R16 tires<br />*K&N FIPK<br />*Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro\'s<br />*Borla catback<br /><a href=\"http://www.members.cox.net/constantine/Project%20Royalty.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Royal Webpage</a>

Comment

not sure how you plan to attach the velcro, I jsut know in florida it better be a glue that can handle something like 120 degrees inside the car or you are going to have bunching floormats and a gooey mess.

i had a velcro thing hooked up to my ashtay lid on my 85 camaro, never foudn a glue that would hold up to florida sun, not sure what its liek near you.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shadly:
                  Oooh, good! Where and how do you attach it to the bottom of your floormat? I can't find very much flat surface, I have a bunch of rubber nubs under mine. I guess those are to keep it from sliding.<hr></blockquote>

YEa I cant tell if that is sarcastic or not....
                  There are different types of floor mats and velcro works on mine so...maybe you could use a rivet gun to attach the velcro to the matt and just use the sticky side of velcro to stay on the ground....or something like that....eh
                  \"If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the <br />shoulders of giants.\" (Isaac Newton)

Comment

Didn't your cars come with the mats molded to fit the contour of the floor? I've never had the problem you are talking about with the factory mats.
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

i took mine out completley
                      1996 Honda Civic Hatch<p><a href=\"http://www.jspek.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.jspek.com</a>

Comment

You can get clips from Autozone that clip to the floormat and then on the other end have a couple of prongs that stick into your floor carpet. That would probably solve your problem./
                        - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X