got a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a question...

"One thing you may want to do is reset your computer after installation, this will allow it to account for the added air intake and add the corresponding amount of more fuel into each cylinder (i.e. produce more power). To reset your computer, disconnect the negative terminal on your battery and let it sit for about half an hour. After reconnecting the terminal, drive for a good half hour or so and throttle it quite a bit so it gets used to heavy acceleration. Also, driving at highway speeds also allows for more airflow which means the computer will "notice" more air coming in. Some say this is not needed, but it's a good idea just to be safe." -- posted in "Modifications Reviews" on www.camarov6.com

has anyone ever had a CAI, not done this reset, heard about this reset, then done this reset, and noticed a difference? or did all of ya'll do this FIRST without ever running your car without doing it? or is this the first time any of you have heard of this? man, that's confusing..heh. anyway, i'm just wondering if i should waste the gas and put the miles on my car...that's 30+ minutes of WOT that i don't want to have to do if it does nothing. thx.
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Between the 2 Camaro's I've owned thus far, I've never reset the PCM for either. You do not need to reset the PCM-the computer will 'learn' to adjust to the mod accordingly. Resetting the PCM will only cause the car to have to re-learn itself.
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X