head gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head gasket

What is the difference from using a GM head gasket like one that you can get from the dealer compared to using like a Felpro that I would be able to pickup at AUTOZONE?

I am replacing heads, I noticed that autozone gaskets are way cheaper than GM DEALER GASKETs. so does it really matter?

Should I pay the extra cash for dealer or just get them at autozone?

Excellent question! The GM head gasket kit costs $150 at the dealer, while the felpro was $50 at Autozone. This was for the 3.4L. I asked and the GM kit didn't come with new bolts like the new LS1 kits do, so that isn't it. Anyone have any opinions on the quality difference?

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

I'm also doing a upper engine rebuild. For me the felpro set was around 55 and the geniune GM gaskets were 135. It was a big difference, but I ended up going with the GM set. I'm more comfortable with GM parts in general, but the guy at the machine shop where my heads are getting redone informed me that the GM gasket set was simply the best set to use if you are willing to pay a little more. And my attitude was: nothing but the best for my internals. I decided I'd rather spend a little more now than run the risk of having to do this again in a few months or something.
      \'93 3.4L Camaro A4<br />*Some fat P245/50R16 tires<br />*K&N FIPK<br />*Taylor 8mm Spiro Pro\'s<br />*Borla catback<br /><a href=\"http://www.members.cox.net/constantine/Project%20Royalty.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Royal Webpage</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        6 hours ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        1 week ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X