Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetchip Scu2000

Hey Guys,
    I just bought a scu2000 used and I have no idea how to install it because I dont have the instructions. I checked the jetchip website but couldnt find any info. Does anyone know where I can find one? And how do I adjust the dials on the chip? What do each number and letter correspond to? Where exactly to I plug the wire to? And do I just hook up the other wires to a 12V source and the other to ground?

Thanks
    Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

man i dont know if i have my instructions but if i find them i will write things down, i dont know why the person didnt send u instructions that is bs. i know the 3 setting for the gears is 3.08 and most people experiment with the modded tire size because the numbers let the rpms go higher and lower for the modded tire size, i think 5 is 3.42 gears so put your stock gear setting to 3 if u had 3.08 and your modded gears to 5 and your stock tire to 3 and modded tire to 5 and see how that works, then if you use the lower numbers for modded tire the rpms shift lower the higher number they shift higher. run one wire to a ground and one to a 12 volt source the scu2000 plugs into the tail end of the tranny

[ June 07, 2002: Message edited by: bluecmaro96 ]</p>

Comment

Thanks a lot.
      My stock gears were 3.08. My new gears are 3.42.
      Stock tire size is 235/55/16 and new tire size is 255/45/17. And I kind of wait to shift at 6000 rpms. hehe....thanks a lot man.
      Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Comment

yeah stock gear 3 mod gear 5 stock tire 3 mod tir 5 then you can experiment with the mod tire size for the rpm shifts

Comment

Hey bluecam,
          Were you able to find your instructions?

Comment

Can anyone confirm those settings?

Comment

This doesn't really fall under advanced tech.. seems more of a basic help question so I'm moving it to general tech.
              Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Here it is:

stock tire dial 0 - 245 x 50 x 16
                1 - 275 x 40 x 17
                2 - 215 x 60 x 15
                3 - 235 x 55 x 16
                4 - 255 x 50 x 17

stock gear dial 0 - 2.56
                1 - 2.73
                2 - 2.93
                3 - 3.08
                4 - 3.23
                5 - 3.42

modified tire dial tire size
                0 - 23
                1 - 24
                2 - 25
                3 - 26
                4 - 27
                5 - 28
                6 - 29
                7 - 30
                F - Default

modified gear dial 0 - 2.56
                1 - 2.73
                2 - 2.93
                3 - 3.08
                4 - 3.23
                5 - 3.42
                6 - 3.73
                7 - 4.10
                7 - Default
                Email: Preki1212@hotmail.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> modified tire dial tire size
                  0 - 23
                  1 - 24
                  2 - 25
                  3 - 26
                  4 - 27
                  5 - 28
                  6 - 29
                  7 - 30
                  F - Default <hr></blockquote>

What does that mean?? What do I pick if my modified tire size is 255/45/17?

Comment

Like i said stock tire and stock gear 3 mod gear 5 mod tire 5 see how that works, for the mod tire settings i noticed that the higher number the higher the rpm goes up the lower number the lower rpm goes up, you have to TEST AND TUNE see whats best for you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                      Good to see the site is back up
                      by 2.8 Bird
                      So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                      7 hours ago
                    • FirebirdGT
                      New Site Hosting Issues
                      by FirebirdGT
                      All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                      1 week ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X