1995 3.8 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 3.8 question

Just read this, and I'm wondering if this info is accurate.

Halfway through the year a few F-Bodies in California were sold equipped with the new L36 3800 Series II V6 engine. These cars only came with automatic transmissions, 3.42 rear gears, and an open differential.

And, what is an "open differential" is it like LSD?

Oh, are the 95 3.8's good cars? Pro's + Con's if u can...

They're good cars. They had 3.42's in the rear, as opposed to the 3.08's the next few year's A4's got stuck with. BTW, open-rear is the non-posi, one-wheel peel diff.
    2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

I had mine 4 years and 40,000 plus miles. No major problems yet.
      Stephen<br />1995 Pontiac Firebird<br />3800 Series II V6<br /><br />2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

now please correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the 95 model a 3.4, and the 96 model was the first year that they started making the 3800 II? again please correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by importkiller2002:
          now please correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the 95 model a 3.4, and the 96 model was the first year that they started making the 3800 II? again please correct me if i'm wrong<hr></blockquote>

The 3800 became available late 95.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X