2001 compatibility with 160stat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 compatibility with 160stat?

Are any 2001 owners out there successfully (like over 5,000 miles without issues) running the 160 stat? Thanks =)
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Even after re-programming with Hypertech's HPP3 I still cannot run the 160 without the usual problem of SES, dead temp gauge, and fans on high.
    2001 Camaro M5 Coupe(1 of 2,737), no options, Whisper Lid, K&N Air Filter, Free Ram Air, MAFS Screen removed, SLP Manual Fan Switch, 160 thermo, DEE\'s T/B Spacer, EGR Block-off plate, IAT resistor, CAI to EGR air feed, B&M Ripper Shifter, SLP Replacement Grill, T/A Exhaust, SLP five spoke take-off wheels, BMR strut-tower brace, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR 32/21 front & rear sway bars with poly, BMR Poly/Combo Rear Control Arms, Clear front & rear corners, HPP3 modified 87 Octane program.<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/red2k1</a>

Comment

on my old bird the 2000 i ran it with no problems... but thats here in texas where its always hot so thats probably an issue, i'll be ordering another one for the 2002 here pretty soon. also i didnt use the power programmer on the old car... hope that helps... if you still get the SES light you might try going with the 180 but then again you might get the same problem... good luck let us know how it goes and if i get mine first i'll let ya'll know...

merlin
      2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

i'm getting a jet chip stage 2 soon, and was gonna lower my thermo to 160* too...what's all this stuff about it 160* not working in a 2001?
        1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28<br />1987 Buick Grand National

Comment

I have a 2002 bird with a 160 stat...I haven't had any problems the with SES light coming on!! I also have the jet chip, cat back exhaust, CAI, K&N.......I dont know if your problems are related to the stat!?
          Cambo AIM Kcsbowl<br />2002 Firebird 5 spd<br />Jet Chip 160 stat custom catback<br />Free Ram Air mod removed resonator<br />K&N air filter smoothed airbox

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cambo:
            I have a 2002 bird<hr></blockquote>

this is only something on the 2001's i think
            1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28<br />1987 Buick Grand National

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X