Did my !MAF today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did my !MAF today

Well, today I removed the MAF screen... and I dig it. I think it made quite the top end difference for just removing a screen.

What would be a safe estimate for hp at the flywheel with the following mods? (dont want to pull the "well the box said 20 hp, so its 20 hp" ricer stuff)?

FRA mod
    !Maf
    High flow cat 3"
    Flowmaster cat back
    silencer delete
    whisper lid
    K&N filter
    synthetic fluids

Id say 220 at the flywheel sounds reasonable.
    1999 firebird black m5

210-215.

Your car wouldn't like !MAF. ;)
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

and look how much I gained by removing that screen.

http://hometown.aol.com/fredless1/images/freddyno.jpg

runs 2 and 3 were !MAF.

Worst mod ever...didn't do **** for my track times ever. There is a REASON why that maf screen is in there.
      -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

195-200 +/-
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

If you have a 99+, with a whisper lid and filter, if you give the PCM time to Adjust, YOU WILL RUN BETTER.
          If you notice, the vettes do NOT have maf screens because the air flow is so direct into them. With a whisper lid, it makes the flow more direct thus allowing getting rid of the screen.

folks with 96-98's need not apply.

I've tried running both. Made runs at the track with screen in for a week...Made runs at the track with scren out for a week. Ended up leaving the screen out because I ran better despite adverse weather conditions contrary to the previous outing.
          2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:

Your car wouldn't like !MAF. ;)
            Just to make that a bit clearer...!MAF would imply No MAF, which is pretty important. !MAF Screen is a little different. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I ran w/o a maf for months before that dyno (yes with the lid).

It caused my tranny to surge (slip in and out of lockup) and had no affect what so ever on my track times. It's probably like the MAF ends mod for the LS1's, not a good idea if you have an A4.

I would like to see dyno numbers from an M5 owner that ran w/o a maf screen for some time and then puts it back in for one run, then the other 2 takes it out..
              -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fredless:
                I ran w/o a maf for months before that dyno (yes with the lid).

It caused my tranny to surge (slip in and out of lockup) and had no affect what so ever on my track times. It's probably like the MAF ends mod for the LS1's, not a good idea if you have an A4.

I would like to see dyno numbers from an M5 owner that ran w/o a maf screen for some time and then puts it back in for one run, then the other 2 takes it out..
                i have a 1997 M5 and it ran fine without the MAF screen till i rebuilt the motor with that big *** cam and i had to put it back in for it to idle better
                www.turbov6camaro.com
                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

I have a 2k, and my car did nothing but enjoy the air on my seat of the pants meter...

I doubt it slowed me down any...

Comment

i did it on my 97, and everyone says its not good, but it didnt hurt either, slightly, and i mean ever so slightly rougher idle. As in i can tell the car is running now, LOL, other than that, not really sure if i could feel it or if it was wishfull thinking. But more air cant hurt.
                    Pain Heals, Chicks dig Scars, and Glory is forever.<br />3 inch custom CAI, 8.8 Accel Spiro Fero wires, Bosch platinums, Flowmaster 80 series catback

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X