Oil filter question? Recessed or no? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil filter question? Recessed or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter question? Recessed or no?

Are our oil filter mounted onto a recessed oil filter mount or not?

Reason I am asking is, I am hooking up an oil cooler for the turbo, and in order to get a feed and a return line for the oil cooler, they make a sandwich adapter that goes between the block and the oil filter, and provides a feed and a return. The filter thread is 18x1.5mm.

However, there are two options for the GM V6's on the ordering form, recessed oil filter landing or non-recessed, and I have no idea what ours are. Can anyone chime in, I'd hate to order the wrong thing.

AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

recessed means it flush mounted....ours sticks out slightly, I'd say non-recessed, for that sandwich probably just need lines running to it, with recessed they'd be different but still probably work, cause its the same filter and such, now if it was recessed and you ordered non-recessed you might have a problem....someone else that know more maybee, this is just a guess ...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] most responses please?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xjarayax:
          [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] most responses please?<hr></blockquote>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xjarayax:
            [QB][/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X