How to burn out power window motors fast!!?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to burn out power window motors fast!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to burn out power window motors fast!!??

Ok, my passenger side window has been moving really slow the past few months, so I'm sure it's gonna die soon. My warranty runs out in 900 miles, so I wanna get the damn thing fixed before the warranty expires so I don't hafta pay for it, cause I know with my luck, if I don't get it fixed, like a week after the warranty runs out, the window will completely break.

I plan on taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but I'm afraid they're not gonna fix it since it still "works". So tonight I've been f*cking with the thing as much as possible by raising it up and down constantly, holding the window when raising it, etc, but I can't completely break it. It'll stop working every once in a while, then a few minutes later it'll start working again. My driver side window it also starting to go slow, so I wanna break that one too :D :D

Anyone know a good way to burn the motor out really quick? Preferably without having to take the door panel off? lol. I wanna break this crap so I can get new motors!!
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

lol,this was an unexpected question. ummm.... i would just do what youve been doing, maybe push down on the window while your trying to push it up, when it gets all the way up keep holding down the botton. i wouldnt know, i dont have power windows but i just had to read your topic when it asked how to break something. im sure this is illegal but its going bad anyway. i hope insurance companies dont read this
    95 3.4L Camaro<p>Mods to come- Cat back, high flow cat. SLP CAI. i\'m hoping i wont be wasting my money. when i get the money.

Comment

I'm envisioning something involving 110 volts AC...
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Everglades W68:
        I'm envisioning something involving 110 volts AC...<hr></blockquote>

key phrase is doing it without all that work ;) hehe
        Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Im going to do the same thing to both my motors soon, cause my drivers side stops, then will work a few minutes later, and my passenger side one is kinda slow, so im with ya buddy!
          :D :D :D :D :D :D
          ******Nick******<br />1997 Pontiac Firebird Coupe<br />Automatic/T-Topped<br />3800 Series II V6

Comment

Spray water in it.
            2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

take apart the switch assembly, short the 12v to ground and let it go. basically the same as holding the switch down, but this way you can walk away from it. [img]smile.gif[/img] It'll completely burn up eventually.

Comment

put water down on the motor, also, hold the up and down when it is up or down as much as possible.
                try and hold it up when it is going down
                -Steve

Comment

I like the switch idea. Just make sur eyou assmeble it back together right and the circuit breaker doesn't POP,
                  My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

how about just tell them its slow and some time just stops working? That is a defective part it does not have to be completely broke to be replaced. What are you thinking?

Comment

This topic is too funny! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

You know why? I just brought in my car this morning because my driver's side window decided to stop working..with it more then halfway open (there's been a lot of rain in Chicago lately).

All of this sounds too familiar. I busted mine completely by just holding down the button, and pushing the window down with it whenever I wanted the window down (which is often). Eventually, it broke..which led me to bring the car in. I'd say just keep adding a decent amount of force while rolling it up/down.
                      2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:
                        how about just tell them its slow and some time just stops working? That is a defective part it does not have to be completely broke to be replaced. What are you thinking?<hr></blockquote>

ya they replaced mine.....and they will prollu have to do it again...there has to be something forcing on the motor that they are all breaking so easily....I had a new driver side motor put on at like 8000 miles :eek: WTF?my passesnger side is fine...and when it stops working is because its tripping a circuit breaker thingy....again because its being forced....there must be something wrong with the mechanism, not lubed??

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                        05' CTS-V
                        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

My dealership is an azz. My passenger one moves soooo slowwwwly, so they lubed it up and said it works fine. Too bad it's WORSE than it was before. Stupid dealership. :mad: :mad: :mad:
                          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/byoonull\" target=\"_blank\">My Old Car - 2000 Silver V6 Bird</a><br /><br />The replacement-<br />94 Firebird Formula - 383, TH400, and a big blower<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/fastblackcar94\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/fastblackcar94</a>

Comment

look just tell the dealership what you told us. The windows are going slow and they occasionally stop. I would like these windows fixed before my warranty runs out. They'll fix it. TRUST ME! :D

BTW, on a side note, a dealership may jinx you for this because the day after I did this I'm driving around and the damn SES light comes on (36010mi on the ODO) and I'm thinking oh $hit. Damn MAF and O2 sensor decided to take a crap.

Comment

Ah... warranty fraud.

No advice, but good luck.

-Brian
                              Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                                Good to see the site is back up
                                by 2.8 Bird
                                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                                3 days ago
                              • FirebirdGT
                                New Site Hosting Issues
                                by FirebirdGT
                                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X