HELP!!! ASAP!!! I need removing the dash to install gauges!!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! ASAP!!! I need removing the dash to install gauges!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! ASAP!!! I need removing the dash to install gauges!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!! I am trying to install my indiglo gauges and i have removed the knee panel and the stereo panel i have removed all the screws for the dash panel.. i can get the thing to lift up and everything but i cannot remove it!! there seems to be a clip or screw holding it in
    please lemme know how to do this... (if u already did this to remove your instrument panel please REposnd!!!)

THANKS!!! (p.s. any help my 8am tomorrow morning is greatly appreciated!! cuz i have to install that stuff and get everything back together my 1030 am to get my exhaust system installed [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

OK, which panels do you have removed already. You need to remove the panel below the steering wheel(knee panel). The stereo trim also needs to come out to expose a bolt. The large dash cover also needs to come out, or atleast pulled up so you can get to the two bolts for the gauge cluster bezel that are under it. Do you have all the panels removed?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Backfire:
      OK, which panels do you have removed already. You need to remove the panel below the steering wheel(knee panel). The stereo trim also needs to come out to expose a bolt. The large dash cover also needs to come out, or atleast pulled up so you can get to the two bolts for the gauge cluster bezel that are under it. Do you have all the panels removed?<hr></blockquote>

ok... i have the knee panel & stereo panel removed.. the problem i am having is i CANNOT remove the large dash panel... (i assume that when u refer to large dash panel that u are talking about the big plastic thing that comes around and hold the a/c gauges and headlight stuff?) i can lift that but that's it.. i cannot remove it.... please tell me where i am going wrong..

do u have AOL instant messanger... i have it on now.. if u are on.. maybe we can figure this thing out.... i am SUPRSPDDB7...

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: SuprSpdDB7 ]</p>
      <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

The big flat panel that extends to the front of the interior, where the glass meets the dash, that piece covers two screws for the gauge cluster bezel. To get that big flat dash panel off, you need to remove the A-pillar moldings. They should just pull off as they are held on by clips. With those off, the big flat dash panel (BFDP) can come up. Near the windshield there are velcro like squares to fasten the panel. The rear of the panel, closest to the driver, is held by clips. You need to get under the BFDP to remove all the screws from the gauge cluster bezel. I am on AIM, but you do not seem to be

Comment

he he.. i was watching a DVD and i guess my internet shut off.. n e ways... thanks for the info now i understand what u are talking about... well i guess i have to go to bed now so i can get up early and work on my car.... i hope waking up at 8 will be early enough to get done my 10.... it should be.... wish me luck!! ;)

OH-- this is for everyone who reads this... i am taking pix as i go along and will post a how to section on my website for those of you who might have a hard time like i have been having....

Comment

ha ha... well morning came around... tried what u said.... SNAPP.... SNAPPP..... the dash panel broke in two different places... .. F**K
            &*$% **!& *#&$ *#&$ .... sorry....... now i have to get a new one.... had to temporary reasemble everything cuz i have to head up to the autoplace soon to get my exhaust installed...

Comment

oh man...broken dash??? that sucks bro...my friend did that to his dash when he was removing Neon power wires that he shouldve never put there in the first place.....

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
              05' CTS-V
              00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

That is unfortunate! I have removed that panel more times than I can count, and never had a problem. Did you atleast swap the gauges while it was out?

Comment

yuppers. i got them gauges installed.. i will post pictures to my website as soon as i get a chance.... but i think i know what i am going to do about my dash.... GM quoted me 145 for a new one.... WHICH IS TOTAL [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] for a piece of plastic... so i am either going to get a used one.. but i the mean time i am going to glue it back together and then cover the entire thing with one of those black dash mats... i was thinking about doing this anyways because i wanted to get rid of the blinding glare that shines off my dash onto my windshield in the sun!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    3 days ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X