Drivers side window stopped working all of a sudeen plz help me!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drivers side window stopped working all of a sudeen plz help me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side window stopped working all of a sudeen plz help me!!!

My drivers side window stopped working all of a sudden today!! When ever I try to make my window go down it wont go down or up all it does is make a little clicking noise when I press down. WHen i press up and hold the button it makes a buzzing noise.. Wanted to know if someone could tell me if it is the motor ??
    I also a have picture of the part that was making the noise I took it off but dont know how to post it on here it looks like a big relay or something. It is black and has 5 chrome ends. I took out from under the sterring wheel... If someone else here has had that problem let me know how you fixed or if you know what the part is email me and ill send a pic of the part. Thanks a lot [img]smile.gif[/img] :D

I almost forgot it had a numbeer that was written on it #12088537
    ***-*-*-**Enrikez**-*-*-***

I couldn't find any part number that matched up with the one you posted. Even www.chevyparts.com couldn't locate the number for me.
    The closest number I found was 12088567, and it was a horn relay.
    If it was my car, I would take the switch apart and try to jump the electrical connectors, if the window worked, then it's probably the switch gone bad. But, that's me, and to try to describe the way to jump the connectors is a real pain! Take the part to a gm dealer, and ask them if that part you are holding would cause the windows to not move. They should be able to help...should! Some of them employees are putz's and couldn't find a part number if it was tattoo'd on their forearm.
    I went to a dealer here once with a part number, and the guy brought out a different part 3 (THREE) times until I offered to go back and find it myself, then the manager helped me and I got the right one.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

Hey man I think I had the same problem with my driver's side window on my firebird. I just went down to Auto Zone and replace my window motor, it was like 60 bucks, but the haredest part the actual replacement, all i have to say about that is good luck. I would also tell you to have another person to help you. Good Luck
      Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
        Good to see the site is back up
        by 2.8 Bird
        So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
        3 days ago
      • FirebirdGT
        New Site Hosting Issues
        by FirebirdGT
        All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X