Need Help- looking for a performance chip - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help- looking for a performance chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help- looking for a performance chip

Okay, lets start by saying I have been to the Encyclopedia Board, Search Board, and numerous other places to find this !#@*#! Part. I own a 1996 Camaro 3.8 5-Speed and I would like to get a computer chip for it, any style, any brand. There HAS to be some-one or company out there that has a performance chip for my make/model car. I am going to post an ad in the Sale/WTB Forum, but if anyone reads this and they have positive information of where I can find this chip, I would GREATLY appreciate it (personal E-Mails welcome too).
    Just to rule out any temporary insanity of throwing this slow moving computer out the window, please include the Website and Part # if at all possible.
    I thank you, and this computer will thank you,
    Marc.
    sigpic

I'm pretty sure all of us with 96's are SOL I went through this a while back to no resolve. There isn't a company that makes one for our cars :(

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nachius:
      I'm pretty sure all of us with 96's are SOL I went through this a while back to no resolve. There isn't a company that makes one for our cars :( <hr></blockquote>

That's what I was afraid of hearing.
      Thanx,
      Marc
      sigpic

Comment

Custom programming is the only way.
        2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Blue Flame V6:
          Custom programming is the only way.<hr></blockquote>

Really?! How is that done? I'll probably have to take it to someone because I know NOTHING about computer programming.
          Thanx,
          Marc.
          sigpic

Comment

try web pagethey should have them i got my 3.4L programer from them for hella cheep.... [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
            1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Comment

wow i mess that up its S.EFFECTSPERFORMMANCE.COM
              1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FAST BIRD 95:
                wow i mess that up its S.EFFECTSPERFORMMANCE.COM<hr></blockquote>

That link still doesn't appear to work. I'd like to get in touch with that place cuz I'm gonna need some custom programming in the future.

Comment

Hey Guys, I appreciate the help. Fast Bird 95, if you can, send over the site when you get a chance for where I can get the custom programming. It really stinks that those of us that own a series II 96 Camaro/Firebird have very few choises for performance mods. I'm sure there are other production year F-Bods that have the minimal choises like we do. It just makes me mad that dumb things such as headers cost boo-koo bucks for our cars while you can go find a set for a pre-86 350 engine for a mere $100.00. Maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm venting, but we (93+ V6 Owners) need more stuff to choose from!
                  Marc
                  sigpic

Comment

I dont think ANYONE does 96 3.8 programming, im waiting on a board member who is working on hooking us 3.8 guys up [img]smile.gif[/img] you know who you are [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

okay sorry guys about the link not working it was my first time trying to do that [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] ... any its www.seffects.com (hope that worked)... anyway for u 3.8 guys they should have them cause they have them for the 3.8 mustang... and if u don't see it just call them cause there web site is not updated they said, so if it says there not in stock they prob got them cause that how i got mine..well hope that helped everone if not e-mail me im always finding places that carry chips & programers ;)

Comment

Hey Fast Bird 95, Thanx!! I'll try it in the morning. Thanx again!
                        Marc
                        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                          Good to see the site is back up
                          by 2.8 Bird
                          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                          2 hours ago
                        • FirebirdGT
                          New Site Hosting Issues
                          by FirebirdGT
                          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                          1 week ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X