Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black smoke

great.....

So i start my car up *and since it still has issues starting up* i gave it gas and all this wonderful black smoke poured from my exhaust as my battery gauge fluctuated

helllp
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Black smoke is unburned fuel. You're running rich. Why, I don't know at this point. Need mo' info.

If it poured black smoke because you gave it gas during start up, that's probably it right there. You shouldn't have to give it gas to start up. It's not a carbureted engine. Now, immediately after start up you may need to give it gas long enough to warm and hold an idle, but at start up, so long as the fuel pump is working properly, fuel will reach the injectors without you giving it gas.

When you go to hit the key to the start position, leave it at the run position for a couple to few seconds first to allow the fuel pump to turn on and shoot fuel down the lines to the injectors. This may help your starting issue.

[ July 14, 2003: Message edited by: Bliggida ]</p>
    <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

thanks dude. I'll try priming it tomorrow

Comment

Is this the first time you've noticed black smoke from your car?

Like Bliggida said, it's unburned fuel. So if this is the only time you or anyone else has noticed it, then you should be all good. You must have really floored it ;)
        <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

ooooh no. I notice it all the time. Yesterday tehrewas just a ton

Comment

It could be a leaky innjector...
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/y87inside\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/y87inside</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cassie:
              ooooh no. I notice it all the time. Yesterday tehrewas just a ton<hr></blockquote>

dayum, I bet you smell good to the people following behind you ;)

Have you changed your catalytic converter yet? I bet you might sometime have too down the road. How many miles do you have on that puppy, and do you ever experience and stutter with the throttle?
              <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                3 days ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X