odd misfire problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd misfire problem

Dianosed my problem today, I am misfiring in cylinders 1,3,5. All on different coils, all on the same side of the engine.

Plugs and wires were jsut changed, wires are NOT crossed, that was quadruple checked.

Problem only occurs when car is cold and computer is in open loop mode, meaning it doesnt get readings from the sensors, after it hits operating temps and moves into closed loop, problem disappears.

I also just changed my fuel filter, but I need to know my problem.

Right now I am NOT boosting- and it also says I am running pretty lean at idle and partial throttle, no FMU is hooked up.

Can someone please chime in?
    AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

If it is all on the same bank, what about the O2 sensors?
    <b>Mike</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mcjoslyn\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro</a><br />Light Pewter Metallic Convertible<br />AU0,A31,C60,DG7,F41,GU6,K34,L36,M30,T82,T96,UN0<p ><b>If it can\'t be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion.</b>

Comment

I thought about that too, is there anyway to check? It's not throwing a code.
      AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

Could be a fuel problem too.
        <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

fuel filter was just changed and just ran injector cleaner.....

i don't think fuel pump would cause just 1,3,5 to go lean.... what else could it be?

Comment

just took it up to autozone, it's pulling lean codes in both banks.

It seems to be fine at partial and WOT though, just around idle it's running like **** and bogging.

Sam

Comment

waht sensors can i check? I don't think o2 sensors would NOT throw a code and cause BOTH banks to run lean? Right? errrrrrr this sucks.

Comment

injectors could be clogged... injector cleanor dont always clean injectors .. try flushing the injectors.
                97\' RS camaro<br />406ci sbc <br />69\' SS camaro<br />383ci sbc

Comment

alright i'll attempt that, anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

It would seem that it would not be your 02 sensors because they are out of the control loop when you are having problems. If it were me I would track down the lean fuel issue. You know this is a problem and if you fix it your misfire issue may go away as well.

Comment

I cleaned up the MAF and the lean problem is gone and the SES lights are off, now to track down that coolant leak and why the temp gauge moves up so quick.

Comment

How'd you clean the MAF??
                        _davjos81- 02 v6<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/davjos81\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/davjos81 </a><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/davjos81\" target=\"_blank\"> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/davjos81\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/davjos81</a> </a> <br /><br />-over $8,000 invested! Too many mods to list, just check out my site!!

Comment

paper towel?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                            Good to see the site is back up
                            by 2.8 Bird
                            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                            3 days ago
                          • FirebirdGT
                            New Site Hosting Issues
                            by FirebirdGT
                            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X