Car is LEAKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is LEAKING

SO, i just found out I am leaking tranny fluid!
    :mad:
    ugh......why me?

and how do i fix this? can't i just throw some "stop leak type stuff" in it for now?
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Stop leak is BAAAAADD. I don't know why you would be leaking, but I do know not to put that stuff in.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

you do not want to use stop leak on your transmission. typically those products are seal swellers which will means you will need to keep using the product or all the seal will shrink back to their original size.

where is it leaking? from the pan gasket or the rear seal (apparently somewhat typical in gm vehicles)? both of those are pretty easy to replace. leaks in the front seal are less common and harder to fix (since you need to drop the trans).

Comment

I'm pretty sure stop leak = early tranny death. Get it fixed the right way and you will be happier in the long run. You never know, it could just be something loose that needs tightened up.

Comment

look, in an ideal world i'd love to get it fixed properly. but i dont have $8000000000.

i'm gonna bite the bullet and stop leak it ONCE and hopefulllly it will last until I have enough $$

and i dont knwo where its leaking yet
          Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

Lucky for you it only costs $8.99 at AutoZone for a gasket and a new filter. Deutsch PN TF320

If you did have eight billion dollars to get it fixed right,
            you'd have seven billion,
            nine hundred ninety-nine million,
            nine hundred ninety-nine thousand,
            nine hundred ninety-one dollars,
            and one cent left over.

With your 7 billion dollars left over, don't forget to pick up about 6 quarts of Dexron III tranny fluid.
            <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

find the leak before you bother with the stop leak. it could actually be something simple (like a leaking hose clamp on one of the cooler lines). a leaky pan gasket is pretty easy to replace (but messy). the leaking rear seal is also fairly easy. both should run &lt; $100 if you dont do it yourself.

stop leak is bad. its going to swell the seals. you will need to use the stop leak forever in that transmission unless you get it rebuilt and the swelled seals are replaced. really.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                3 hours ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X