3.4 Misfire HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 Misfire HELP!

I have a 3.4l with cam rocker arms headers and afpr a bunch of mods... recently I began to have a stumble and now it has worked its way into almost where its running and the car is trying to shut off and run at the same time... a horrible misfire... I Have replace coils, plugs and wires, ICM, cleaned the EGR checked fuel pressure...got a TPS sensor... ummm I am clueless if anything the problem has only gotten worse... Any suggestions..
    Thanks for any help,
    Dakota
    Slammed, Cammed, Stalled, Rollin on ZR1\'s and the sickest exhaust you have ever seen on a camaro Z06 style whoo whoo.<br />I\'m the reaper dude, ask ur people dude. I move

throwing any codes? what cam are you running?
    -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

It did throw a code for O2 sensor bank 2... but i replaced both O2 sensors after the code went on and I havent had the light on since. Also the problem seems to only be after the car has warmed up a bit... it studders slightly when cool but not noticable... when it warms up it isnt able to be driven very well and it is worse in the mid range from 2300- 4000 RPM. It doesnt have any problem up high or at idle. The cam is:

Duration (Intake/Exhaust): 226°/236° @ .050"

Valve Lift: .494"/.474"

Lobe Sep. Angle: 112°
      Slammed, Cammed, Stalled, Rollin on ZR1\'s and the sickest exhaust you have ever seen on a camaro Z06 style whoo whoo.<br />I\'m the reaper dude, ask ur people dude. I move

Comment

I just replaced the map sensor now too... No change.. Anyone got anything?

Comment

I would say it's internal... Are you throwing off any kind of smoke? I would say you MIGHT have a blown headgasket...
          1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

i would check your vacuum lines. take them off one at a time and blow through them to see if there is an obstruction. i had one that was like a plastic that went to the map sensor and it had a kink in it. i thought it was a factory kink because it looked molded, i broke it and put another line in where it bends and the car runs better.

your car starts up in closed loop mode and isnt running off any sensors. once your car warms up it starts pulling info from sensors and if a sensor or vacuum connection is bad or damaged that would be your problem.

we found out it was the manifold's o2 sensors. we unpluged them and started the car. the car ran better running from a stored code/setting than the cars sensor output. we swaped the o2s and it seems to run even better, although the car still idles a little rough.

lifter, injectors, timing chain, valves,

check the blowby with a gauge made for that test and it will tell you if you have a burnt valve. tb sensors? try a camaro manual
            96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

thats a lotta cam for stock tuning...
              -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

its not stock tuning and it has been running great for 15k mi.. just this past week it caught a bug or something. It doesnt smoke at all and it has new o2 sensors... the vacuum line thing might be something to check out. Thanks all if you come up with anything else let me know thanks.. tb sensors just replaced except for the IAC.. it idles great.. so i figure its not that.. Thanks again,
                Dakota

Comment

bad gas maybe?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X