need help fast check gauges and abs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help fast check gauges and abs

Well i got in my car today and strated the car stared driveing and the check gauges light came on and then the abs light came on? the breaks feel fine to me. what should i do? i am going to try to take it to my auto tech class tomarrow if i can. htnaks and give me help if u can.

oh yeah my car is a 1995 firebird 3.8 and its got 61k miles
    thanks agian
    brian

Brakes normally feel the same ABS or not unless you slam on them which I don't reccomend you try at high speeds without ABS... To test it, just slam the brake pedal to the floor from a 25 roll and see the pedal pulses to your foot (resists, pushes back...) or if it just goes straight to the floor with no resistance other than the pedal resistance...

If it pulses then your ABS works, if not then you have no ABS...
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

thanks now the batt. is dead im not sure it the alternator is working now. what a bad day. i guess i somone could give me some good advice i can check it out tomarrow cause its almost dark now. thanks agian

Comment

well i think I figured it out the batt is dead so the altinator is on charging it. So i think that is causing the abs lightand check gauges because i had the car strted and the low traction light came on. so im replacing the batt and the alt tomarrow after school and il go from there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X