service engine lite on ,-awfull noises from engin - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

service engine lite on ,-awfull noises from engin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service engine lite on ,-awfull noises from engin

I am not sure what dept. this question should be ask so I just came here. First, I got a 2002 camaro 3800 II v6 coupe. All the info can be seen on my domain page. anyways this is the problem, and it really sucks, I just got my car back aprox. 1 week ago from the shop, I had the following services completed, Oil change/filter;transmission flush/new filter;new fuel filter,coolant flush,pressure test,new serpetine belt,{the main drive belt}, and someother non-related items. So I was driveing on the hwy. and only going around like 70-80mph and I noticed the service eng,lite flashing, It flashed probley 8-10 times then went off. So as im still driveing I turn down my radio and I here some noises from the engin, Not to sure what,sort of maybe a sound like when the belt slips,also I have no power. Im In drive with square around D and I cant seemed to speed up. No power at all. Allmost like it was slipping in gear. So I shift to regular D and it helps alittle. But car sound like its dieing. I exit and shut it off. First thing I do is open hood and look for leaks,broken ****, and nothing looks wrong. So then I reprogram back to stock setting on my hypertech, and then I take a look under car. Cause that sound also had a sound like it was the exust or heatsheild rattleing. Anyways I dont know whats up. I am takeing back to the shop cause They just service it but I was hopeing to get maybe an ideal first so they dont try to jack me up on someother crap like all dealers do. Thanks for your time. oh yea, I also used up allmost 1/2 tank to go 70 miles. this is screwd man gman211203 :mad:
    member.cardomain.com/gman211203

They probably ****ed up your transmission so you have to comeback and have it fixed...I hate mechanics......

Comment

Your car is misfiring. Start off with new plugs+wires. Also use the stock setting on your HPP so it won't use so much timing advance.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

The flashing ses light means a misfire. It's most likely your plugs and wires or the next most common problem is a clogged cat.
        on my car it was the cat mine clogged so bad that I snapped a bolt off my block from the back pressure.
        Take your car to autozone and get a free scan.
        If the scan shows a constant miss on a specific cylinder just check that plug wire then coil in that order its cheaper that way if you have to start replacing stuff.
        But it shows a random misfire take it to the dealer and have them check your cat if it is the cat they have to replace it for free for the first 75000 even if your over the standard 36000 warrantee.
        Black 2000 Y87 Camaro with T-tops ,SLP bowtie grill, Suncoast Creations Ram air hood and air box,Hypertech pp3,magnaflow cat back,and hi flow cat. <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09</a>

Comment

Thanks I took it to the dealer today and they just told me it was the cat and they are going to get it fixed under warrenty.. Man I was trippin for a while but I guess they will get it right. gman211203 [img]smile.gif[/img]
          member.cardomain.com/gman211203

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X