Cat clogged??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat clogged??

Lately my car has been running blah, not so great. Its felt like its not getting enough power out the back, like its choking. THe other day I was in 3rd and took it over 3500 to pass a car. When I got to 3500 + the car felt like it hit puddle or a wall of water, it didnt stop accel but it choked, it was strange. Last night I was leaving work and I revved the car after I started it, first it was raspy, not loud at all like something was stuck in there and finally, I think it had a mini backfire.

I have a new high-flow cat waiting to be put in but I need to wait for my SLP system, since the cats a 3/3 in/out.

So whats this sound like to you guys? I have inspection next month and I really just wanna run open headers for a while til I can afford a new exhaust, but I need to pass inspection.
    2000 3800 II V6 Firebird<br />various small mods, bigger stuff later.

run open headers until inspection then put the exhaust on? o.O or you could just go to a junk yard and get a old stock muffler from a 2000 V6, or a Z28 take off.. install that until you get your SLP system (with the new cat)

That way you will pass inspection then right when you leave chop off the muffler and just run a cat and nothing else [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

EDIT: i dont know much about inspection, my town doesnt even have it, i dont even run a cat =)
    brink<br />1998 White Camaro 3.8L V6:<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />No cat (straight pipe)<br />Free Ram-Air<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/98camaro98</a>

Comment

catalytic converters are covered by an 8/80,000 warranty.

beat on it till it throws a misfire code, and/or until the thing can literally get out of its own way - then take it to the dealership - if you've got less than 80k on it, you're gold.
      2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

I just hit 80 last month, Im at 81500 :(

O well, Im seriously just going to hack it off and wait til I have $400 in a month or 2.

Comment

I have the same problem, but changing the fuel filter helped out LOADS.
          a

Comment

Did that 2 months ago :(

It stopped a lil bit, seemed to rev louder again outta no where, but still feels robbed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X