Anyone ever replace their doorhinges??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever replace their doorhinges???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever replace their doorhinges???

What's involved in this? (One of my friends is having problems)... Thanks..
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

I think this was already posted by someone else
    2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

The door must be secured by a jack, or better yet, another person. Open the door panel and get inside to unplug any wires sothey slide out easier when the door is pulled, then fully open the door, unbolt hinges from the frame as your helper holds the door securely, and then get ready for the big drop.
      Getting the door off really isn't the hard part, it's getting it lined back up later on so there is no gap in the fender, and also installing all of the wires back through the grommet.

I did it one time on an older car years ago, and I used a can of spraypaint. I lightly sprayed the hinge where it meets up with the frame so I had a good idea where to reinstall when I was done. I used goof-off to remove the spraypaint when everything was done.
      sigpic

Comment

If you are planning to do one at a time, then take one off and replace. You shouldn't have to drop the door unless you have a welded hinge.
        sigpic

Comment

actually you will need to remove the door panel first to unplug the wires,then go from there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X