No announcement yet.

v6's with 265 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new eclipse 3.8l is making either 260 or 280 or something like that. i think its 280.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

the new 3.6l 60* v6 in the cts puts out like 250 and its an aluminum block. I wish i could afford to swap that in my car for some wheight reduction.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

My last car (Ford Probe - Yes, I know, sorry) was only a 2.5 liter engine, yet had more horses than the 3.4 F-Body engine at 167 hp. Mine was a 95 model.
        Originally I was after a V8 F-Body, but decided that if I were to go for a V6 it would have to be the 3800.
        96 Teal Firebird<br />Colchester, Essex, UK<br /><a href=\"http://www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\">www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk</a>

Comment

The GN's were very underrated, like the LS1 ;)
          2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Lets not forget the NSX. That has a 3.0 making 256HP/284TQ.
            <b>1996 Camaro Z28 M6 Convertible</b> Not stock (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Wrecked, 3/4/06)</i><br /><b>1995 Camaro 3.4L</b> (<a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain</a>) <i>(Sold, 8/05)</i>

Comment

The technology that GM uses for its engines is really simple. You will find that most lines of
              use single valve, lower compression, and larger displacement engines that are easy to maintain and build. I believe manufacutures like Ford, Mitsubishi, Honda, and Chrysler have more advanced engines with smaller displacement that can produce more power than our cars. You can make a l67 or l36 produce great NA rear wheel power and torque with bolt on internal parts like
              cams, lifters, pushrods, springs, etc. Just too bad the manufacturer did not think these engines
              should be upgraded with the times! Seems like any new engine will go into a totally new vehicle
              (like Cadillac).

Comment

I think it's too bad GM/Pontiac had to stop makin' Firebirds & Comaro's. Think of the engines they could be puttin in 'em now! Sure, the Acura, Eclipse, and other small cars have lots of HP, but to me they don't look all that great. And after all, who's buyin' those cars anyway?? They look like "family" cars. It's like buyin' a Hummer to use as a daily driver-if you have a Hummer, use it, all of it!! Sorry to rant, but I wish Firebirds wre still bein' made.

Comment

If you look at the stats, Most of the Japanese companies have placed a significant hold on the sport compact/ sports car department for vehicles
                  under the $25,000 mark. Sales are what killed the F-body cars. I hate the fact that the same
                  technology has been used in our pushrod engines for so long! Also, our cars are extremely heavy.
                  If you are looking for quality and longevity in a
                  sportscar you might think twice about ours...
                  Even GM has made entries in sports compact with the Saturn Redline and the Chevy Cobalt. Like I said before, in the FI section, it is a dammned shame to get beat in a 6 cylinder, 231 CI engine by a 4 cylinder with half the displacement! Bottom line is that you can get more performance for jsut about less taken you do not buy a V8. Now some of the vehicles are getting close to matching V8 power! Where is our American support?
                  The concentration on REAL sports cars has been shifted with the new Corvette and the Pontiac GTO. Even though there is no replacement for displacement, us with the 6 cylinder F-bodies are left out in the cold.

Comment

that RL is over 50k, the NSX is an *** load as are all th e cars u listed, the camaro cam with 200/225 for 20k, and look at the rls torque, it couldnt get that hp with sacraficing some, only 260lb ft of tq, im sure there are plenty of v6 camaros out there who can boast that
                    2000 v6 A4 Camaro Y87<br />Magnaflow HighFlow Cat., Flowmaster American Thunder Cat. Back system, K&N Aircharger CAI, Fuzzy Dice :)

Comment

who the **** in their right mind would buy an acura RL? that thing looks like every other pos import on the road. if i saw one on the road i would have no idea that that thing cost more than 10,000..

Comment

Originally posted by 00firebird:
                        who the **** in their right mind would buy an acura RL? that thing looks like every other pos import on the road. if i saw one on the road i would have no idea that that thing cost more than 10,000..
                        yeah, it's a real ice wagon...

:rolleyes:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X