AARRRGGHHH!!!!! Dealership!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AARRRGGHHH!!!!! Dealership!!!!

Ok, this goes under four catagories. Exhaust, Lounge, Advanced, and General. Here is the issue.

So I get my car back from the dealership... they said that they could not find anything wrong.... yeah... here is what they tell me... prepare yourselves for this.

"Your performance exhaust is causing so much backpressure that it is bogging the engine down at a cold start."

:eek: :eek: [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
    I swear........ if they knew anything, I might actually be willing to keep this car.... ok.. so my larger pipes, high-flow cat, and performance muffler are causing MORE pressure? And this Added backpressure it bogging down my engine at idle?

Anyway, so I go out to start my car and take it.... and it is many times worse than when I took it in.. it just keeps getting worse. When I started the car this time, the exhaust went from a WOT sound to completely silent, alternating back and forth for a long time.. it has never been this bad... Please... what can/should I do? What is going on?

-DrkMind11 :mad:
    <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

OMFG!!!!!! a certified dealer is saying a performance exhaust that allows far more flow is creating back pressure? only if it was installed by a team of monkeys!! i would say take it else where, they are obviously complete retards! talk to the manager also (unless you're worried the exhaust will void the warranty). you can take it to any certified mechanic, right?
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Comment

Dealers. Heh how much I'd like to punch some of them right in the face. It'd be worth the law suit ...

Comment

show that dips**t at the dealer what back pressure really is - put your foot up his a** !
        :eek:

Comment

Call GM. Not a GM dealer, but GM the Corp office. Try to get a person in a high position that knows a little about cars and rant away. Tell them just what happened and that every memeber on this board or any car board and the Laws Science disagree with the so-called "certified dealer" that you took your car to. Give them hell! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] :mad:
          White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

definitly try to be civil about the whole thing, cuz if you act pissed or just go off on them they will just throw your complaint right out the window, but if you stay calm and speak your mind you will get their attention, and they will listen, i know its hard, cuz sometimes you just wanna [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] right in the arse :cool:
            1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Yeah, you better take your RESTRICTIVE PERFORMANCE EXHAUST off of your car and put a factory back on!!!!!

What a bunch of Jack-ASSES
              Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X