1999 pontiac firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 pontiac firebird

what is the best performance part to put on my 1999 firebird that is cheap.

a cam.. 300 bucks and you install it yourself.. 40+ hp increase... or you can get a whisper lid and ram air.
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

how cheap do you mean? 50-100? 100-500? it depends...do you have any mods as of now? if not go with CAI & Catback exhaust. its not cheap but it will give you better performance and sound.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

how do u install a cam? lol i've never really thought about it...
        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

Forget the cam..Installating cams isnt exactly comman knowledge teal99camaro.....

How cheap do you mean?

Comment

I want to know about the cam shaz. What do u have, where u get it?
            Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Cheapest? free ram air. its free.
              delete air silencer, replace with nearly free PVC smooth bellows.
              50 more bucks gets you a K&N airfilter.
              you will not gain 40 hp...but the throttle response on car will be better/funner to drive...a bit more sporty feeling.

If you know about cams already then you wouldn't have asked the posted question in the first place so I will skip cams and valvetrain mods in my reply.

Next up for ease and cost would be a specific 1999 v6 catback system...2.5 inch. It will connect to the stock S pipe and run all the way to the tail pipes with everything included that you might need for the install. If you get the same year it will even come with the right kind of tail pipe hangers. Easy.
              If you want a more complete or larger system such as full 3" then that will cost more, more parts and be more involved.
              I don't remember if 1999 comes with tubular manifolds or LOG type manifold. The tubulars look like cast iron headers...that is pretty much what they are. Real good for a factory system vs. earlier log type manifolds. If you have the logs...and some money, experience, then headers would be big gain. Pretty involved though...not for the um, less dedicated...emissions and stuff...just to name one of the hurdles. If you have tubular manifolds...stand tall, be proud, and mod something else for now.
              01 Firebird A4 3.42
              Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
              and other mods
              Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

They started tubulars in 2000 (pretty sure)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X