200hp 3.4l is it possible without power adder? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

200hp 3.4l is it possible without power adder?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tiago:
    swapping a v6 for another v6 that is not a GN motor = THE GAYEST IDEA EVAH!

:D
    <hr></blockquote>

Ain't that the truth!

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
      Exactly my thoughts...

But then again this board has always been kind of crappy for the 3.4L anyways...
      <hr></blockquote>

More like 3.4 guys try and contstantly claim how great their 60 degree motor is and how superior it is to the 90 degree 3.8..

People try and give advice but then no.. oh.. they are ragging on 3.4's.. my *** . Get real.

FYI.. how much would it cost to do intake and headers on a 3.4.. maybe $700? If you could drop in a 3.8 for $600 and pick up 40rwhp instantly with much more potential, is that not worth it?

or is that just worthy of being laughed at cause your swapping a V6 for a V6.. yet you're getting much more HP/$$$..

FWIW, I was able to sell all my V6 mods to do a stock LS1 swap for free.. it was an even trade.

Its up to the individual to determine what is best for them. Its a shame certain members have to be offended by constructive recomendation.
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:

Its up to the individual to determine what is best for them. Its a shame certain members have to be offended by constructive recomendation.
        <hr></blockquote>
        I agree totally
        [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

More like 3.4 guys try and contstantly claim how great their 60 degree motor is and how superior it is to the 90 degree 3.8..

People try and give advice but then no.. oh.. they are ragging on 3.4's.. my *** . Get real.

FYI.. how much would it cost to do intake and headers on a 3.4.. maybe $700? If you could drop in a 3.8 for $600 and pick up 40rwhp instantly with much more potential, is that not worth it?

or is that just worthy of being laughed at cause your swapping a V6 for a V6.. yet you're getting much more HP/$$$..

FWIW, I was able to sell all my V6 mods to do a stock LS1 swap for free.. it was an even trade.

<hr></blockquote>

No one ever said the 3.4L was superior thent he 3.8L but the more of 3.4L owners saying that the 3.8L is not the god send of motors on the planet.

Its more of a fact if you are going to the trouble of a Motor swap as intricate as a 3.4L to 3.8L it woudl be dumb not to go bigger to lt1.

Lets say it costs, $600 for the stuff needed for a 3.8L swap(which I think is too low), and it costs abotu $1,000 for the stuff needed for an LT1 swap.

You do the 3.8L swap, no way $400 worth of mods on the 3.8L is going to make you evenly matched with a LT1, now is it.

Best bang for the buck on a motor swap is going to be to go higher, with an lt1. Its inhererently easier to do a 3.4L-&gt;Lt1 swap then a 3.4L-&gt;3.8L swap. Like I said earlier, there are some interchangeable parts betweena 3.4L and the lt1, but nearly none on a 3.4L and 3.8L.

In the end I think you woudl be spending nearly the same money to go to a 3.8L as it woudl cost to go to a Lt1.

hence why doing a 3.4L to 3.8L swap is dumb, the difference in the end is not that great, would be better to mod the 3.4L to average 3.8L territory, then do a lt1 swap, then to go to a 3.8L.

3.4Ls raggin on 3.8Ls? Where does that happen. I see a thread of how to get power out of my 3.4L and 3.8L owners coming in and saying, get a 3.8L. Ignoring what the question was. Question was not how to get 40 more hp out of my car was, how to get 200 hp out of my 3.4L

Comment

• The 3.4 is the best engine EVER

How do i know this?

Because it's mine...all mine!

Nuff said....peace out

Mississippi formula for more 3.4L Power

1 3.4 Block
            1 Redneck with hammer
            1 Redneck with machine shop
            1 Keg of Bud Light

= 5,000 HP engine and 2 drunk *** rednecks. plus once you drink all the beer you can machine the keg shell into performance parts :D

[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: MississippiMaro ]</p>
            1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 93v6firebird:

I think its funny you call me stupid. Maybe one day I'll hire your fatass to work on my car.
              I dont gauge my worth based on my knowledge of cars - maybe I should start gauging it on how much better I am than people like you tho.
              Get off your egomaniac highhorse.
              Also stop trying to pull vocab words out of your *** because for you to call me a sophomore, which in fact I was last year, while knowing I am a college student - and then attempting to correct me by using an incorrect form of a word, just shows how incompetent you really are. A sophomore means nothing except for being in the second year of school, a project. However the form of the word I believe you meant to use was "sophomoric" which means immature and inexperienced. Many people believe that sophomore actually refers to immaturity, however in fact it is only sophomoric that actually refers to having limited knowledge because of the limited time spent in pursuit of said knowledge. Maybe you'd know this if you ever got past your sophomore year of tech school?
              You seem to have a surfeit of erroneous platitudes that you regard to be apropos to annotate my psyche, however I adduce a rival hypothesis. You are attempting to obfuscae the verisimilitude of my intellect, with sophomoric allusions to my mother and other impertinent topics.
              Now, Mr. Fatass... that is the correct usage of sophomoric.
              Care to challenge me to a "wah wah wah I wish I was wittier than you are" battle again?
              If you want your mom to help you look up those words, I'll tell her to get her clothes on and get to your place immediately.

[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: 93v6firebird ]
              <hr></blockquote>

heh. you really think youa re funny. yanno. im surprised with posts like this, that you havent been stripped of your title already.

what exactly do you contribute to the firebirdv6.com community?

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
              Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
              West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

• amen :D :cool: [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

• I think Magnus and MustangEater should Box and somebody record it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                  <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

• Even better

Russel and MustangEater

vs.

Magnus and 93v6Firebird

WWF Tag team style.... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                    1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MississippiMaro:
                      Even better

Russel and MustangEater

vs.

Magnus and 93v6Firebird

WWF Tag team style.... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                      <hr></blockquote>

I like that better I am a better wrestler then boxer [img]smile.gif[/img]

Or even better a Mad Max 2 Beyond Thunderdome style match, with large blunt weapons around the cage [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]</p>

Comment

• I would say its possible but it would take alot of work. :eek:
                        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mikael:
                          Its been done. Took every bolt on, but stock heads/cam, etc. 200rwhp that is. Tim LeGros (i think was his name)<hr></blockquote>

Yup, Tim LeGros (aka SoSlow) with just about every bolt-on available, including both a Hypertech programmer and a Jet Stage 2 module. The motor internals were stock.

191.7 rwhp n/a
                          256.8 rwhp with nitrous

http://members.tripod.com/~bpador/showcase34.html
                          1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

• LT1 swap will take a little bit more work than a 3.8 swap..

It's just a recomendation to those who want to be unique with a V6.. if you really want to have a fast unique V6.. then start with a better foundation.
                            Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

if you really want to have a fast unique V6.. then start with a better foundation.<hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

but i am starting with a better foundation. i made sure i had a 3.4 instead of a 3.8. ;)

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
                              Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
                              West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

• Yea, and your dyno #'s and lack of track #'s show it.

Good luck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                  1 week ago
                                • RPDRed6
                                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                  by RPDRed6
                                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  No start problem
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X