Problema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problema

Just a couple of minutes ago I went to my mechanic house turned off the car and when I tried to started it did not want to start.

The car starter sounds ok just that it does notfinally start so I can run it.

It does give me a rare gas smell.

I waited for five minutes and the car started but funny.

When I got to my house I startedtwo times but in the third time did the same thing again

I think is the fuel pump or something like it what do you think

If it smells like gas then I'd hazard a guess and say it's probably getting enough gas, it's your spark that is having problems. Check your plugs and wires.
    1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

This morning it started several times with out problems

Comment

I now believe is the keys because the security light has been on for a while now.

What should I do to fix it

Comment

If it were your keys, then you wouldn't be able to hear the starter or smell any gas, the car wouldn't do anything. The security light would come on and you would just have to sit and wait a few minutes.
          -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Ok I have a bad gas pump i need your opinion on wether go with lowering the tank or doing the hole to get the pump out.

Also do I buy the original pump or please recomend wich pump to install and how much it will cost me

Comment

comon guys I need your advise i need to fix this tomorrow

Comment

Forget the hole, just drop the tank. There is a lot of work involved but there are important supports that run under that deck and you can't see them with the tank mounted in its position. You can cut a hole once you remove the tank and I would only suggest that.
                As for a fuel pump, I would step it up to an aftermarket model. People on here like the Walbro 255. I like Holley. There are a lot of them out there.

Comment

Ok walbro or Holley will they work if I later want to send more gas to my car

and thanks for your help

Comment

I think I am going to buy the walbro 255. when I install it do i have to upgrade something or just put the knew one in. Remember my car is a 3.4

Comment

Already did the access hole on the back very easy would recomend it. and I waiting for the Holley fuel pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X