SES...P0306....CHANGED PLUG AND CAR STILL STUDDERS - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SES...P0306....CHANGED PLUG AND CAR STILL STUDDERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or if you need a wake up in the morning, just start the car and before it gets hot run your hands down each wire to check for dammage. You'll know which ones are broken when you go for a small flight. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

Thanks for the info tWiStEdBird, at school right now as soon i change my wire ill get back to you if any problem presist.
      97 Camaro 3.8(of course)<br />MoDs:K&N Filter, Flowmaster(muffler only)<br />SLP CAI<br />Z06 Motorsport Rims(Ventus 255-40/R17)

Comment

Hello,

I had this problem with my car twice-- both times it was caused by a failing coil pack. One time it got worse slowly over a few days and once it got worse really quickly. Symptoms were similar to yours.

There are three coil packs on top of the engine; they're where the plug wires terminate. Although they're some really weird sized nut, you can improvise removal with a standard sized one if you're gentle. Just remove the 2 nuts, pull up to remove, replace the little rubber gasket, and reinstall. MAKE SURE you reattach the plug wires to the correct terminals on the coil!!.

A regular, one-year warranty coil from an auto parts store will run you about $20 each. Even if it's not the problem, it makes sense to keep a spare in the car-- trust me...

I think you're going about this in the right order: plugs/wires/coils/module that the coils plug into.
        \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

YES...I got some wires needed only though i needed 1, and it worked, IT WORKED...I my car has been driving like crap for like 3 months(being REALLY busy/lazy) and if feels Wonderful knowing that i can push my car with out a problem, thank you for the advice on the wires. THANK YOU!!!!
          97 Camaro 3.8(of course)<br />MoDs:K&N Filter, Flowmaster(muffler only)<br />SLP CAI<br />Z06 Motorsport Rims(Ventus 255-40/R17)

Comment

Yeah coils could be the problem, but wires are cheaper, and tend to be the problem more often then not. And the size of the bolt just for future reference is 5.5mm. Pain in the *** to get the back ones out.

Comment

Whoops, just saw your post. Glad it's fixed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X