My Buddy's slow 92 camaro 305

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Buddy's slow 92 camaro 305

my buddy has a 92 camaro RS with a 305 5 spd and it's slow as hell, my 2001 3.8 camaro smoked it and he's pretty embarressed. He wants to know what fairly inexpensive mod's could get it running with a stock 5.0 mustang. he already has mufflers buts that all he's got, i suggested gears but he's a cheap *** when it comes to gas.It looks like there aren't many performace parts for 305.
    Any suggestions?

yeah get a 96 3.8! 3slo5 sucks.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

AREN'T MANY PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR A 305? HAHAHAH. Called JEGS my friend.

5 pages for Mustang, 3 pages for Import, 2 pages for Mopar and the remaining 80-90 for the SMALL BLOCK CHEVROLET. A 305 is a SBC.

www.thirdgen.org is your friend, I had one of those motors in my car, and with bolt ons, they can run 3800 times. First off, the L03 heads were THE worst flowing heads I think GM ever created. LB9 heads + LT1 cam are great mods for that car, also the gears are killing him. the A4 L03's have 2.73's in them.

1)Do a full tune up on the car and for god sakes replace the O2 sensor, its an old style 1 wire make, 20 dollars tops (I mean cap/rotor, MSD wires, plugs, fuel filter, oil change)

2)Get a 14x3 K&N round filter and a flat base open element air cleaner, that will really open it up and ditch the stock snorkel air cleaner

3)Get some headers, read the article on thirdgen.org and get a high flow cat and 3" catback, those cars come with a 2.25" catback stock.

4)do the ultimate TBI mods and remove the smog pump (article) if there is no anal emissions in your state. I removed mine because it was squeaking.

5)Finally, get a 3.42/posi for the rear especially since he has a 5 speed, it should barely affect mileage.

With those mods, he should be in the mid low 15's easy...stock AOD 5.0 mustang territory. Without an LT1 cam and some ECM tuning, no way in hell is he touching 5.0 mustangs with that motor, the heads and the cam suck. The 305 TPI's had a hard time running with the 5.0 mustangs, GM's 305 is anemic without some major work. Hence why the L98 was introduced into the F-bodies, fords 302 was kicking our *** at the time.
      -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Motor swap, he would spend the same amout of money makin a 305 fast compared to just swaping in a 350.
        2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter:
          Motor swap, he would spend the same amout of money makin a 305 fast compared to just swaping in a 350.
          If you two are young, don't make that mistake like I did. I stayed broke for like a year because of that GD car and I rarely drive it now and my parents are *****ing to get it the heck out of the garage, so its for sale. I should have dumped the car when the L03 took a dump.
          -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X