reduced engine power/ses lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reduced engine power/ses lights

Today I washed my car then drove it down the street to buy gas. Its a 2001 Camaro, M5. It ran find going down, put $20 of middle grade shell in it, as Im pulling out of the gas station the check engine light and reduced engine power light both come on and the car starts running rough. I limped it to advanced auto parts and they pulled the codes for me. It gave a code of fuel air metering and another one that I forgot but it had something to do with engine idle. The car is very unresponsive to throttle inputs and takes major reving to get it to move in gear. Now, do you think I got bad gas, or is there a bigger problem? Any ideas, because Im totally out of ideas. Thanks

shell gas is cursed!!! dont you know what happened in the past? man i feel sorry if u didnt know, but shell is the worst. they were usein water in their fuel. there was a big law suit about it. i boycott the shell
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

well, go and sue them? water would ruin the engine which could of caused 'reduced engine power' but b4 we jump to conclusions lets get more input

Comment

I took the car to a local shop. They're going to run diagnostics on it. Ill know tomorrow whats up with it.

Comment

how did you not get a multiple misfire code?

i would guess throttle position sensor...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X