why did I use to be able to power brake and now I cant? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why did I use to be able to power brake and now I cant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why did I use to be able to power brake and now I cant?

I am not really big into burnouts since I messed up the trans and tires on my last car doing it.
    About a month ago I power braked my car and I put a mark about 10ft long down the marina parking lot, today I wanted to see if I could do it again and I couldnt, the temp outside was like 60 something with no humidity.
    I had the car kinda up on the front brakes more, I could feel the back go up and I did everything I did last time the same and got on the gas and I had my foot to the floor and I finly let off the brake after a second or two cuz it wasnt going to do anything.
    I tried it two more times and I still wasnt able to do it, the conditions were EXACTLY the same, I have no clue why?
    I dont think I am going to keep trying since I dont want to trash my A4 but anyone know why it didnt work?
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Well, since you have a 98, you have rear disc brakes that clamp harder than the 93-97 drums do. Also, those 3.08s are doing you any favors as well. I don't know why you used to do it, and now can't do it though.
    --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

yea the 3.08s might be hurting you. All I can say is that you shouldn't have a problem minus the gears since I can (but don't) do this all day with disc brakes and 90 degrees with 100% humidity everyday

Comment

i did it before [img]tongue.gif[/img] its just that i didnt see any smoke coming out :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          3 days ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X