Jacking Up Car With Ground Fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacking Up Car With Ground Fx

I recently got some ground FX on my car and the jack would just barely fit under the car to jack it up now i have to change my oil and my front brakes and i have no clue how to get the jack under the car.

drive the car on a thick peice of wood or something to give you the inch or more you need [img]smile.gif[/img] i know of alot of people with low sitting cars the use wood blanks as ramps
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
      drive the car on a thick peice of wood or something to give you the inch or more you need [img]smile.gif[/img] i know of alot of people with low sitting cars the use wood blanks as ramps
      yep, just drive it up onto some wood and jack it up that way. or if for some reason you dont have anything to drive it up on, use the scissors jack that comes with the car, and then just sit it on some jackstands. if you use the wood idea, dont forget to have the boards there when you let it back down.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Any idea where we can get set of oversized ramps? The ones I have are the yellow ones from WalMart. I have some extenders so the Firebird can get on the ramps, but it's SCARY driving on those things. The tires are so wide compared to my other cars that they usually hang off the edge a little, unless I line it up perfectly. I have to have my wife guide me onto the ramps because I can't see the driver side tire from the driver's seat. They work OK with my other skinny-tired cars, but I dread putting the Firebird on them. I've looked around and have never seen anything specially for low low cars with wide tires.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

i read this on a mustang messahe board. you can make your own ramps out of wood so the are stepped to any angle you want and need and width you need. just use glue and pre-drill and use screws or nails and they will last along time. i mean hey, wood holds up your house, its gonna hold up your car. ;) i plan on doing this cause i dont trust the plastic or metal ramps...plus, most are too angled for our low sitting cars
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell:
            Any idea where we can get set of oversized ramps? The ones I have are the yellow ones from WalMart. I have some extenders so the Firebird can get on the ramps, but it's SCARY driving on those things. The tires are so wide compared to my other cars that they usually hang off the edge a little, unless I line it up perfectly. I have to have my wife guide me onto the ramps because I can't see the driver side tire from the driver's seat. They work OK with my other skinny-tired cars, but I dread putting the Firebird on them. I've looked around and have never seen anything specially for low low cars with wide tires.
            try sears...ive seen em there...dont know if they're eny better though
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by 1DangerousV6:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rob Bell:
              try sears...ive seen em there...dont know if they're eny better though </font>[/QUOTE]]

no ramp or hydraulic jack from my local sears fit my car, and i tried them all.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

I've found that rhino ramps work well
                2004 Dodge Ram QC 2500 CTD

Comment

or you could just get a low profile jack.
                  <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/HiWire\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/HiWire</a> <br />1997 Dark Green Firebird <br />1997 White T/A

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X