Header comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header comparisons

OK so im about to start bringing my exhaust up to par now i have been looking at the 3 main brands for headers (CIA RKsport and Pacesetter). i was wondering if anyone has any info on these and how the brands differ, ie primary sizes, come with y pipe, fit, etc. i am also going with 3" all the way back so i would like a brand that has a 3" y pipe, not sure if they all do. another thing is that cia sells their y pipe sepperate so i kinda want to know if their stuff is really any better than the other brands. one last thing is im going to buy the mach procharger kit, when funds allow, so if anyone has info on wheather i sould just go with the set with the biggest primaries it would be appreciated.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

The pacesetters are by far the best deal. They come with all the mounting hardware a 3" y-pipe, gaskets for like $200 for the painted and I think $260 for the ceramic coated. The only problem I had with mine were a few little rough edges around the O2 bungs, but 10 minutes with a file took care of that and then the sensors fit in there just fine.
    3.42 gears w/ LSD,<br />Headers, Cat delete, Loudmouth,<br />SLP intake, K&N, Whisper Lid, <br />EGR delete

Comment

Does anyone know the website for pacesetter?

Comment

I got my PaceSetters here (http://www.ammperformance.com/V6Main.htm) They are the biggest performance mod I have. The hard part is instalation. I had mine installed for $500 and I still think it was worth the money. They are that good and you wouldn't belive the heat difference the ceramic coating makes. The engine bay is much much much cooler.
        SLP CAI, Flow Master exhaust, Pace Setter ceramic coated Headers, Hi-Flo CAT, Stage 1 clutch, Posi rear end, 180 thermo, Edelbrock C/O front H/D rear shocks... More to come.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
          Good to see the site is back up
          by 2.8 Bird
          So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
          3 days ago
        • FirebirdGT
          New Site Hosting Issues
          by FirebirdGT
          All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X