KEY WITH CHIP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEY WITH CHIP???

Has anyone had trouble with their security light coming on??? Mine comes on sometimes and the car won't even try to start. I have to take the key in and out a few times before it will go off and start again. Does anyone know what could be causing this???
    My car looks great and runs good. <br />Please Look at my car, it may be one of a kind!!! Let me know if you like it...<br />Hard to find 1995 Firebird with 3.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=429908\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=429908</a>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dustin Freels:
    Has anyone had trouble with their security light coming on??? Mine comes on sometimes and the car won't even try to start. I have to take the key in and out a few times before it will go off and start again. Does anyone know what could be causing this???<hr></blockquote>

Search...its the resistor in the key....try using an eraser to clean off the resistor contacts...if that doesn't work....you are gonna have to replace the ignition cylinder.
    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

i had the same problem, do u have an aftermarket alarm? either way you can bypass the chip in the key with a resistor.. all you have to do is find the wire cut it, and splice in a resistor with the value close to your key
      Green 97 Camaro RS 30th Ann.<br />3800 II<p><b>MODS</b><br />BORLA rear exhaust section, RKSport Headers, Hi-Flow Catylitic Converter, SLP CAI, Sylvania Silver Star Headlights, Eibach Pro Springs, Bilstein Shocks/Struts, 1LE Front/Rear 32/21mm Sway Bars w/Poly Bushings and Poly endlinks<p>And a bad @SS MTX System

Comment

Its a little wire coming out of your lock cylinder that gets pinched whenever you start your car. Over time it starts to pull out (GM ingenuity). Anyways you can do what was said before (disables part of your security system), or change out your lock cylinder and re programs your keys (dealer only).

Comment

or you can tear apart your steering column yourself and just fix the broken wire.. (if of course that's the problem)
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

try cleaning the contacts on the key and the key hole with alc.
            1998 green camaro, bear rotors.<br />It\'s not how much money you have, It\'s how many toys you have.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X